Options

2012 260 EC or 2009 280 EC

2»

Answers

• Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Thank you sir!  I appreciate the job Rinker did with the 260.  Even though it's the smallest cruiser of the bunch, they didn't slack on the design at all.   B)  

That's where my boat sat from the day it was shipped until the day I bought it (notice no numbers on it at that point).  The blue hull boat in the left of the picture is a 360.. freakin' huge!  So cool!  If only the 360 wasn't 4 times the price.   ;) -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! What a thread! Here is my 2 cents...first of all, crossing from Miami, from what I can tell, is no big deal. Go on you tube, people do it all the time on jet skis. With weather reporting that is available, if you get in trouble, well,enough said. Next, beam is everything. When I bought our 270 (a 260 is longer than a 270?) I wanted the largest boat I could trailer with a single engine. I don't need to get anywhere at 50 mph on a boat. When I got to the rinkers, I was impressed with the layout and mainly the headroom while keeping a sporty look to the design.you will figure out what works best for you- coming from a smaller 19' bow rider to the beast. It's just a bigger piece of fiberglass with pretty much the same stuff so go as big as practical for moving, storing and use, you will be a happy boater, welcome!