Options

These should be fun

JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
Got all three pairs for under $100 shipped!! (have a buddy that works at Harmon Kardon and gets a ridiculous discount). Really excited to hear how much better they sound than the stock, kinda crappy speakeers in my 276.

They're Infinity 612m's
2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROCK ON !
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Wow!!!  Where can I get such a deal! I've got a lot of speakers I'd love to replace!  Maybe one of these days! Good luck with the install!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Ive got 2 sets to install, can't wait.
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    geez Joe, you had better reinforce your hull or you'll blow the friggin' rub rails off. I can only imagine what they'll will do to those bikinis that live aboard your rides LOL
  • Options
    Haha MT, hopefully when the music goes up the tops go down!

Yeah it was an awesome deal, so crazy cheap compared to online even. I ordered a bunch of speakers and a sub for my convertible Cobra too. If the exhaust doesnt kill me hearing then then audio systems will. LOL
  • Options
    Please don't tell me that is an AC Cobra or I'll will start crying. I drove one of those about 15 years ago. Pulled one of the biggest G's on launch I've ever felt!
  • Options
    Haha, no not an AC Cobra, although I could make a kit car outta the 347 / Tremec in my 95 Cobra and it would FLY on the track.

I've got a 2003 Cobra with just under 10k miles, Kenne Bell blower, full exhaust, and 600+hp at the tires. :):smile::smile:

https://youtu.be/8P-F_To_2tc

• Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    MT, maybe a trade for a 360! Porsche is the nicest 944 you'll ever find, AC Cobra I built in 1999, and vette is new ( 2015)!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed with the design of the new vette. They did a great job.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

@gtyee....thanks a lot, I will cry myself to sleep now!

It's a deal come and get the 360!

So between the gals that have appeared on boats, the cars and the Rinkers this forum SMOKES the other boating forums for guys with GREAT TASTE.

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow Joe I'll be able to hear your music from my well now.  :)

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Haha, they look more serious than they really are. They're just replacement 6 1/2". I've got 2 in the cuddy, two in the cockpit, and two on the swim platform. I'm thinking about replacing the Sony subwoofer too, with something a little stronger.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    It's the amp you want to look at more than the speakers.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    The infinitys is what I have on my 280. I have (8) of the 612's and 2 of there (6x9's)6912's lol. 2 different amps powering the, You will love them @JoeStang especially if you're powering them with a good amp. Also have a 10 inch sub. 
    You won't find another 6.5 speaker that handles 75W RMS like these and handles it well. They handle solid power very well

Got a picture of my ZL1 below :)

Post edited by jme097 on
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JoeStang, let your buddy know that YOU are going to need a lot more of those speakers for "your" boat! ;)  Then you can ship them to all of us. I replaced my stock Clarions (which were falling apart) with Alpines, but I wouldn't mind having those Infinity's.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    1995 Cobra, last year of the 5 liter 302 Windsor. Mint 

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that have 2 oil pan drain plugs?
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Sure does, one lower than the other.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

I took my other toy out for a ride to visit the boat.  It is something I built almost 30 years ago.  It is a 1937 Ford Pickup, on a 1973 Blazer 4X4 chassis, kept low.  I must've had a dozen different people between two stops yesterday come look and chat about it. 

OK, I'll probably really pay for this one, but here are some pictures.  The first is back when I was about 16 and just finished after about 3 years working on it (yeah, yeah, get the laughs in about my outfit).  The second picture is me when I was maybe 2 years old on the truck.  The truck basically looks the same today except I've changed the exhaust (can't see it under the running boards now, and it's all aluminum) and I changed out the 283 block for a drop in crate motor (1992 ZZ1 350). 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited March 2016

Great truck Dream, bet you're glad you kept it.

I wasn't as smart. I sold an Austin Healey 3000, a supercharged XKE  and a 1973 Corvette fastback 427/425 (those acts of wanton stupidity still make sad)!

BTW...... glad your Admiral is dressing you now, that first outfit is waaaay too close to Richard Simmonds LOL!

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my other toy besides the boat. 1971 Karmann Ghia.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Dream! Nice shorts   Hahahahahahahaha Good thing you are married I would have some serious doubts with that picture.
    Post edited by Handymans342 on
  • Options
    @aero3113. I'll post a picture of my, I'm pretty sure it was a 1965 Karman Ghia too! Mine had the 36HP VW air cooled engine. It was heated by a separate gas heater that was in the rear engine compartment and ran off a T in the main gas line - could you imagine getting that approved now? It would catch fire in the Winter sometimes and we'd throw snow onto it to put out the flames. The gas tank was under the front hood and there was a J valve on the front inside fire wall that I could turn down for an extra couple of gallons of gas. That was THE most amazing car I ever had. Huge gas mileage, we loaded it with friends and drove it everywhere. I drove it half way across Canada. To change the oil there was a circular plate on the bottom of the engine with a bunch of bolts that I undid to drain the engine. TOO funny. I HAVH to find a picture now! I bought it used in 1966 when I was 16 and drove it for three years. mine was a hard top.  
  • Options
    edited March 2016

A LOVE STORY

@ aero3113. Thank you for sending me on a great memory trip. it's a LOVE STORY - a guy who loved his Kharmann Ghia.....and  

It was the summer of 1970. The guy drove across Canada to his parent's new home. The first night of his return, after four years away, to his former city, his old friends said he had to go to this house party as it had the best looking girls anywhere and a blonde with green eyes, in particular, that the none of the guys could get a second look from. Apparently, she was goegeous and really nice too!

So, I roll up to the party and get out with my beloved Kharmann Ghia in cowboy boots, (I had been out west), Levis jeans and Levis jean jacket, feelin' pretty cocky!

She looked at me and smart a*s that I was I said "Seen enough, why don't you take a picture?". The rest of the night went downhill real bad from there.

The guys  gave it to me good. Comments like - crashed and burned - right Mr. Big shot, third degree burns? LOL It was merciless!!!!! LOL

A couple of days later her best girl friend invited me to a party at a cottage at Lake Winnipeg in the sand dunes. THAT went better.

She was the best female water skier anywhere nearby and it is she who got me into hard core boating. Up to then I was a car guy LOL 

I married her in the summer of 1975. She was my best friend, responsible for 80% of my success in life, kept me on my toes the whole time and was as much fun as any man could handle. Never a swear word, never looked at another guy, never said a bad word about anyone and I never heard anyone say a bad word about her.

She died in my arms at 7:15 at night on November 16, 2002 after a two year battle with breast cancer. There was a light snowfall outside, the first of the Winter. I remember the tracks of the wheels of hearse in the snow as it drove away and how I had to hang onto the front door of the house not to run after it.

The pictures I have attached were part of a display of her life that I made for her funeral. I just "dug up"  the Bristol boards, I made in November 2002, and took a couple of pictures of them today.

So, the pictures are of her and my Kharmann Ghia. It's still hard to look at her after all these years but my overwhelming feeling is of luckiness that I was the one she took a second look at.

I got lucky twice and have found another great gal who had all of the attributes of my first Admiral.

Thanks aero for sending me on this trip today!

What did I say in a post a few days ago, girls, cars and boats.....Oh Yeah! A lot of us have had good lives. right? Thanks be to God!

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    @Michael T, what a beautiful yet heartbreaking story. I didn't have a Kharmann Ghia, but my first car was a 64 VW beetle, also with the nefarious gas heater! I replaced that with a 70 beetle and I drove that car from Cedar Rapids Iowa to Oaxaca Mexico where I stayed for 2 months and met MANY Canadians. When I came back I worked as a bartender in a rowdy rock n roll bar and met a girl whom I am STILL married to 40 years later. Relationships that begin in bars generally don't have great success! We drove that 70 VW to Oaxaca again where we spent two weeks, and then to the Pacific Coast south of Puerto Angel where we camped on the beach for two weeks. In 2008 after much cajoling from her and breaking down my resistance, I had a colonoscopy & I was diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer. I endured a lot of radiation and chemo, a major surgery, a year of post op chemo, another major surgery because of complications and another 6 months of recovery. If it were not for her, I would be dead now. It was shortly after all this that I suggested maybe getting a boat, because , ya know, tomorrow may never come, and if not now, when? We have resolved to spend what remaining years we may have, and hopefully they will be many, as members of the boating fraternity. Buying a boat was probably the best money we ever spent and it has brought us closer together, and now we have our 17 year old Grand daughter living with us for the past 18 months after problems with her father and evil stepmother. She had very bad emotional problems, but we have gotten her involved with our boating activities which she loves and we have seen her do a complete 180* turnaround. So there is definitely something very therapeutic to owning a boat.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Greg, Wow! Un uplifting story. the things we don't know about each other, even after all our posts over the years. I believe every such sharing makes all of us stronger. I hope you wear your boat out and have to guy a few more! h\Here's to a long life for you and your bride! :-) P.S. I start my next round of chemo in April. What doesn't kill us .......LOL Here's to all we survivors :-)
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT, I'm glad that I was able to take you back to memory lane. Your wife sounded like a great girl. The Stella that I'm about to open will be raised to all of our friends and family for health and happiness and not to forget the ones we've lost. Cheers!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT good luck in april.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT and friends. Great stories.

They make me want to create an application I've been thinking about. I want to call it "My Story" or "Storybook".

Basically it's a social media app like Facebook or Instagram. Except you tell your life story. Focused on how two people met or how someone endured a crazy situation. You tell your story, add pictures, tag places, etc.

People would go online and search for the kind of story they want to read about. People can also connect their stories to other people's stories (time and place where two people met, for instance).

My main motivation is the beauty and miracle in our lives and how things come together, how people come together.

Books and movies are produced from stories like this, but if we only knew each person's story, their real stories, how touching that would be, as is your story...

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

Very interesting Mark, I bet it would be a success!