Options

Updating the cabin

Comments

• Options
    cruiserguycruiserguy Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for all your help I'm going to call them now and see if I can order some
  • Options
    terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Hi Guys when I first bought my 270 my wife didn't like the brown carpets. I fitted a carpet on top of the existing cabin floor covering and on the step. I got browny points for the result. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Terry, would love to see a picture.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    looks nice Terry and probably a quick & relatively inexpensive fix to solve the old dirty carpet look.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Yes your right it's easy to change if any new buyer doesn't like it, but I think it brighten up the dull interior. However I love just playing in the boat.
  • Options
    @DazeOff I'm having trouble ordering from Martin hung. he's telling me I can't order it with the real lines already in it. any advise?!? 
  • Options
    DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    @DazeOff I'm having trouble ordering from Martin hung. he's telling me I can't order it with the real lines already in it. any advise?!? 
    Contact Manchi Wang at sales05@melors.com

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya Hung said they did'nt have any. will try Wang
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    We have a bad e-mail address for wang e-mail failed
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @DazeOff @randy56 I have tried to email Helen@melors.com and ask her about the foam with the lines already cut . I'll let you know how it goes!!!!
  • Options
    jus a quick update I emailed Helen and she has already got back to me @randy56 that link works. @DazeOff thanks again for saving me some money I can put towards my audio
  • Options
    After many e-mails with Helen we finaly got the Eva foam figured out $47 + $92 shipping. a sheet 120 cm x 230 cm with adhesive on the back, thats  about 3ft 11inches wide by 7 ft 4 inches long so there will be a some material left over for somewhere else. The floor size in 270 is about 3ft by 4ft.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    After many e-mails with Helen we finaly got the Eva foam figured out $47 + $92 shipping. a sheet 120 cm x 230 cm with adhesive on the back, thats  about 3ft 11inches wide by 7 ft 4 inches long so there will be a some material left over for somewhere else. The floor size in 270 is about 3ft by 4ft.
    Attached are images with the measurements I took for my floor.
    Widest point is 36 down to 31 with a length of 64.75

The shipping cost seems too high. Where are you located?

• Options
    @Daze, Indiana, Just got it ordered this AM, be here in about two weeks. I ask her on the next order could they put a logo on it, she said yes. So after I receive the material, and happy with it, I'm going to order a pic. for swim platform with new Rinker logo in the center. I'm also going to raise my seat with the 4 inch tubing, and thinking about useing left overs from the cabin floor to cover tubing, as well as where you put your feet. thanks for your help.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Glad I could help. I'm going to send them a template for my cockpit and swim platform once I see how the cabin floor holds up.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Mr. Hung never got back to me. @cruiserguy , I tried the Helen email and she responded back to me within 10 minutes :-)), thanx for the tip. She is going to send me samples. My only concern is that I'm pretty sure my 342 is longer than 7.8 feet in the cabin, that would create a seam and I don't want that. I'll have to go out and measure it tomorrow.

She also asked where I got her email and I stated from folks here on this forum.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Helen stated she could make it longer with seam, but i wonder if you can see it? I did'nt ask her.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    massmarinebrokersmassmarinebrokers Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    my cousin is a carpet guy and he seems to think the seem will be visible without glue on the 2 abutting edges. 
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    So total length for my cabin is 10'6", I emailed Helen the dims, we'll see what she comes back with. The Eva foam pad itself is pretty cheap, just expensive as heII to get it here in the US
  • Options
    DanD2 said:
    The Eva foam pad itself is pretty cheap, just expensive as heII to get it here in the US
    I ordered a sheet to check the quality of their foam. My friend has a CNC router and we were going to order several sheets and ship them over instead of using DHL which would really reduce shipping costs. We have several friends who were interested in getting their swim platforms, cockpits and/or cabins updated with this type of material. 
  • Options
    DazeOff said:
    DanD2 said:
    The Eva foam pad itself is pretty cheap, just expensive as heII to get it here in the US
    I ordered a sheet to check the quality of their foam. My friend has a CNC router and we were going to order several sheets and ship them over instead of using DHL which would really reduce shipping costs. We have several friends who were interested in getting their swim platforms, cockpits and/or cabins updated with this type of material. 
    I didn't ask her if there was any other shipping methods. I was going to get a 7"X7" sample and it was going to cost me $50.
    She just replied to me about send a sample large enough for my cabin, my only concern is the quality and how it will hold up in the cabin
  • Options
    @DanD2 That's why I will be letting my 7 and 10 year old boys trot all over it this season to really see how it holds up.
  • Options
    @DanD2 , I ask Helen if the were any other shipping options, she said no, its just what it cost. I just hope it looks as good as her pictures. and dazeoff picture.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Can someone post some pics of the material from China?  The website is fickle, most of the pics don't show up, at least from work computer.
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Reviving this thread, did anyone else put down the china foam material?  Pics?  How is it holding up?
  • Options
    There is a picture on page one, I bought it, have not installed it yet, been sitting in my garage for couple months, it looks good, just going to be winter project for me,
    Maybe daze will respond.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    wow awesome. gotta see how this holds up. definately interested
  • Options
    Definitely interested also......possible project for next spring. Had a sample sent earlier this year but it was much darker than my SeaDek....felt it just wouldn't look right. Been emailing Helen at EVA over the summer and they have new colors out in the faux wood. Certainly would like to know how it holds up before tearing out my carpet.
  • Options
    So far I cannot complain. My boys 7 & 9 track everything into that cabin from sand to seaweed and our 15 yr old daughter sprays on sun block to bug spray and nothing has stained it yet. Most of the time I just vacuum up the sand/dirt and wipe up anything else with a wet microfiber rag. My original plan was to see how it holds up then cut up the carpet and lay down the foam permanently. Now I'm thinking of just leaving it the way it is, laying on top of the carpet. It looks good, stays in place, easy to clean and if there is a big mess I can take it up and hose it down on the dock.