NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Hahaha. North Korea censorship
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bravo III and use the muffs I used on my alpha II....
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg How the heck did you run it for more than a few seconds without burning up your pump?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was still antifreeze in the pump from winterizing the boat. You wouldn't know anything about that. As a precaution I purchased 2 more impellers just in case I did any damage. I am also going to purchase a new hose connection plate for the next replacement.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg I just re read your post, slightly grooved? No such thing I found out! Where are the grooves? Nit likely where the wide part of the blade runs, but on the top and the bottoms? It takes nothing for ir to stop pumping..find what I went through and how I fixed it without spending 6/800 bucks on a new pump. Two seasons on mine with no issue.
  • Options
    I ordered a new back to my pump where the grooves were at and I got a plastic back. I thought that I ordered the brass one, but Merc must have changed it to the plastic with a wear plate. Maybe @Alswagg can verify that for me. I got the boat in the water and it is pumping, but I don't feel "safe" with it. When I went for a cruise last night, I was paying too much attention to the temp gauge than I normally would.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    The new part are plastic with a SS wear plate, wich I think is  better since you can replace the wear plate only instead of the complete assy. I have them on my boat and no problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    If I can find a bung to put in the input line on the pump, I will probably change it. Better safe than sorry.  I am getting to be an expert at changing it like @rasbury .
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just buy a piece of wooden dowel St any hardware store gora few cents and double clamp it.
  • Options
    Greg,
    why would you change something that is better than the old system.?
    just curious
  • Options
    I bought an impeller kit with a spacer top and bottom that works with the brass pump housing. I like metal!
  • Options
    Ras,
    I also have one of those in my port engine work good