Options

Locating Special Anchorages- HELP

2»

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    It just has to be displayed up high.  I'll probably tie it to an antenna mast.  I doubt I'll use it often ... usually the places I anchor are pretty secluded, and I'm on good terms with the local Marine Patrol (awesome guys).  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handy, in FL your required to drink while driving....otherwise the other idiots will drive you crazy.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can be pretty tough, especially on holidays when they want to come aboard to do "safety  inspections" ie looking at your eyes for being drunk. I don't put mine in the water for memorial day or labor day- plus to many out there driving drunk. I take it easy until I'm docked for the night and then....
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Well I unexpectedly become really busy at work which has taken all of my attention recently however I have had the opportunity to catch back up to this thread.  You guys are amazing and so full of information.

LaRea,  I took your suggestion and picked up one of these fold flat anchor balls.  If i am outside of the designated anchorage I will be sure to fly this ball as to keep with local codes.  
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    I plan to meet with the CG next week for a safety inspection ( my choice), and I will get clarification on these rules for the federal waters in Ohio.

2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if Ohio has a booklet like PA does, but if they do, check and make sure there aren't any state laws that the CG doesn't have. Most states have the same laws as the CG, but there sometimes are quirky laws specific to each state that isn't covered by the feds.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!