Options

MyS bound 310 EC is stuck at the border

2»

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gtyee, fantastic job. The black may be a bit more work but IMO it's worth every bit of it.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome. I've been looking for a black Rinker on the Chicago River for the past two days. Haven't seen one yet. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Hey Greg, soon there will be two!
  • Options
    Unfortunately I will be back in Pittsburgh on Sunday. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Finally got the boat finished the way I wanted it and set to launch Friday @ 2:30, giving me just enough time to finish waxing and cleaning glass. I new the gas was low from Canada so I added 5 gallons from home for insurance as the yard didn't have gas available . At launch the was almost the whole crew watching that also watched me buff and polish her all week. Once launched the critical fuel warning came on and I was real nervous for the 15 mile ride with 15 or so gallons. We left in cloudy sky's and turned sunny and then 1/2 mile from the harbor the sky opened up and you couldn't see 20 feet in front of you. Luckily I had almost 2 whole hours working this boat so I wasn't worried LOL!! We pulled into the harbor and put 141 gallons of gas in a 142 gallon tank!! Parked the boat in its slip and had so many compliments from everyone around thinking it was a brand new boat so makes my 40+ hour detail seem worth it. Went out  Sunday and Monday and love
     it. Slept in it also but the wife ain't to keen on the spiders. Still going through some glitches but MT has been a godsend when I have a question. Going to be a great season and happy to say it's back in MT shape
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    Looks great

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

• Options
    dhlOASISdhlOASIS Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Looks awesome. Enjoy!!  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Very nice.  I don't feel so bad now filling my 300 gallon tanks when the price is $2.62/gal.  Man, over $4 is crazy!  Glad you got her home!  Enjoy!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited June 2016
    SMOKIN' That's my girl....well used to be my girl. But I can still look, right? @gtyee, you're doing AWESOME but you know where to find me anytime, brother - just a call away. .....and get used to those compliments. It used to drive the guys with expensive boats nuts (I'll post about that a bit tonight) but both your 310 and the 360 ALWAYS drew the biggest crowd. It's a Rinker - and a beautiful one too - get used to it. LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @DI, yeah but he'll go waaaaay farther at the same speed. LOL
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Chicago, home of low gas prices!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need the revenue to control the gun massacres 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @gtyee, BTW the cleat just below the 310 emblem is a custom install for the use of a fender in that area - which I see you are doing - that's great! It was predrilled, camfered and caulked BUT it was not designed (through bolted) for a mooring/spring line although it would probably hold - I just never took that chance. I found the front, amidships and stern factory through bolted cleats gave me plenty of options. I did feel there should have been a fender there so I got OEM cleats from Rinker and put an extra fender cleat on each side. Normally the p.o. would have told you that...and it was in the notes I gave him but I hear he was a dufus!
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Looking great! I was looking for you all weekend to try and grab a ride, but I never spotted you. BTW, gas in the river in Pittsburgh is $4.99/gal.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2016

@gtyee BTW.... you have  Custom Refreshment Center wiring!  Seeing a picture you posted of your 310s cockpit refreshment area reminded me of something.

Along with all of the other 110v and 12v receptacles I had installed on your boat the 110v receptacle on the front of the refreshment center and the 12v receptacle makes it the only Rinker EC 310 that has those.

The Rinker EC 310 did not come with a 110v receptacle in the cockpit or a 12v receptacle at the refreshment center - the ONLY Rinker cruiser model that didn't have one. Rinker said they forgot LOL.

Anyway, I could have done it in my sleep but I had all OEM parts used and a marine technician do it - for insurance purposes.

P.S. I like the night picture with your blue underwater leds on!

• Options
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gas was $2.99 at the pump in KY Barkley lake.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful boat! I thought the upgrade to a 280 lay summer would satisfy me for a long long time from the Larson 250 I had. Seeing that 310 ha the wheels turning! My wife says this forum is a bad influence for me!
    "What a turn of events" said the guy who owns that 280 now. Hurry up and buy this 310 so I can buy it off you in a year or two. 

;-)
  • Options
    Beautiful boat! I thought the upgrade to a 280 lay summer would satisfy me for a long long time from the Larson 250 I had. Seeing that 310 ha the wheels turning! My wife says this forum is a bad influence for me!
    "What a turn of events" said the guy who owns that 280 now. Hurry up and buy this 310 so I can buy it off you in a year or two. 

;-)
    There might be a bidding war for that boat in a few years.
    Go Steelers!!!