Options

MT AND HIS ADMIRALS 360 IS AT HER NEW HOME!

bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
Hello All, I want to take a minute to thank MT and His Admiral for all they have done to keep the LONG process of transferring their 360 from Canada to U.S from falling apart. It was a long exhausting/learning experience that we are so grateful to have been a part of. From the first moment I reached out to MT up to the time we drove to Canada to meet him and his Admiral, it was very much worth it. Thank you Mike & Judy !  HERE SHE IS WHEN I FIRST MET HER IN CANADA

Comments

• Options
    HERE SHE IS IN CHICAGO
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,586 mod
    It's a beautiful thing!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    MT TOOK ALL DAY TO METICULOUSLY REMOVE ALL HARDWARE, THANKYOU!
  • Options
    IT TOOK ME 2 DAYS TO PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER, UGH!  Would have taken longer if MT didn't do an awesome job of packing and labeling all hardware. 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    MT put in my head to add another Color changer Oceans Led in between the drives,so I did. Great idea MT
    Post edited by bry1429 on
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Bryan, it was a pleasure to sell our boat to you and your Admiral. I have NEVER seen a man work so hard to make something happen.

I could write a book on what we learned and the many hours, many times two hours a night, we took to make it happen.

There was HUGE trust involved on both sides.

At the conclusion of the deal both sides were happy and remain (I hope) friends.

I couldn't be happier that you got the boat. You and your Admiral were a class act and we will always think fondly of you.

As well, I know without a doubt that you are a younger version of me, a very details oriented man.

I say this with the greatest of respect. Don't follow my foot steps any further. Worry less about the boat and more about enjoying the h*ll out of it.

You are what I should have been. I got it wrong, you got it right.

You are a much younger man who waited to get the perfect (for him) boat when he was young enough to enjoy it for many, many years.

No doubt there will be little issues with the boat from time to time, there always are but it is a solid beauty that was treated like my child (better LOL) 

It is an amazing boat and I couldn't think of a better couple to own it. My phone is always open to your calls - if there be any.

Show us pictures any time, as I am proud of her and you and your Admiral.

You are my vision of the perfect couple for her. Young and elegant! A class combination.

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Final touches on gel coat to remove light transport shrink wrap scratches, BLACK HAS GLOSSY MIRROR SHINE THANKS TO MT AND HIS ADMIRALS FALL STORAGE PREP !
    Post edited by bry1429 on
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW, that's crazy!!!! Amazing!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Towels on the straps to avoid scratches 
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    I don't know how you do it @Michael T if I had that boat and sold it there is no way I could be on this site seeing everyone's boats and then seeing your baby on here. It takes a lifetime of success to be fortunate enough to have a boat like that and I'm sure you worked your way up boats throughout the years and to finally get one of the baddest boats out there and then see it go... well it would be a sad day. I give you a lot of respect for being so cool about it and being happy for the new owners. 

@bry1429 congrats on the new ride and buying it from Michael T I am sure it is in just as good condition as it was off the showroom floor. You can tell he takes great pride in his boats.
    Thank you !  actually , MT made it better than showroom condition. All new boats have a lot of bugs needed to be ironed out and MT Ironed the heck outta them ! 
  • Options
    Not quite fully adjusted yet but she's comfy in her mooring
  • Options
    The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    WOW that is a beautiful boat

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

• Options
    edited June 2016

@shawnamjr, Thank you for the thoughtful comments! I still have the forum and lots of great pictures!

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    edited June 2016

@bry1429. I LOVE that third color changing LED array. I hope you post a picture of it some time!

BTW...Great job waxing it and re-installing the hard top gear! Awesome!

HOLY COW Bryan!...... I just noticed from your picture that you put the extreme 16 instead of the 8....go big!!!!!!! That will be so awesome!!!!!

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That boat looks sweet!!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Very nice & welcome to the forum!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    PartsManPartsMan Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    Very nice boat ... You docked in a pool. Man, that water is clear
  • Options
    Agree @ PartsMan...the underwater lights should be amazing!
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely beautiful boat. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Michael T, did you add the cleats below the window for the fenders to hang on?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's a great idea Cable- my 270 has one way up by the bow, has one just beyond reach from the helm area and then one by the back- once you tie up, no room for the bumpers. So, I am hanging them  off the poles of the bimini and the rails around the front...never thought of doing that- if not cleats maybe there is even something else made for that...
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Ras, there are plenty of little gadgets that work pretty well that will let you hang the fenders from any position on your rails.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    google "pop up mushroom cleats".  they work great as fender hangers, and don't detract from the lines of the boat, or get in the way.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Greg, (and Ras) yes I did. It was an EASY and NOT expensive custom touch. 

I could easily see that given the sweep of the hull side that there was an unprotected area very close to that exact position. The cleats where also put where I could get at them easily from inside the cockpit by reaching over the side windows of the cockpit in a rain storm/big wind.

I bought the regular sized OEM cleat, drilled the holes (reverse drill first to avoid gel coat chip) then countersunk the final holes. Used high quality SS screws with everything bedded in 3M 5200. The techs said I could use for spring/mooring lines but we never did - just for an an easy to reach fender line. I think I did this on my 2013 EC 310 too.

BTW  all my fender lines for tall areas of the hull were custom cut by me. I wanted 10 foot lines so I could mount the special Fender Grip quick release holders on the bow rail. This way the Admiral didn't have to bend down all the time to adjust fenders....and she could do it very fast if a situation required. Also it was much safer standing up to deploy/retract fenders in wet/windy conditions.

I could have bought 15 foot mooring lines for each fender but that would have been too expensive and a waste of material so I bought 25 foot mooring lines ...very good ones,  (on sale), and cut them in half with a hot cutter to "whip" the ends. I also marked them as to their length.

Now all 10 of that 360s fenders can be rapidly deployed by a person standing up, with one hand, VERY fast in a emergency (wind shift while docking, another boat heading for us, going through locks - you name it).

I even mounted two custom made marelon stop blocks where the bow rail slopes down to hold a fender line at that spot from dropping down.

One of my custom ideas that wasn't too expensive but made a HUGE difference and the Admiral happy (priceless) LOL

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like ras, I hang the middle fender from the bimini pole. I am going to add cleats for sure. The last thing I need is to have a wake bend my bimini top.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I wouldn't put a pop up out cleat there - probably isn't even enough room anyway and I don't like to pull straight down on a pop-up cleat.. I'd just use the normal OEM SS cleat. It's a 15 minute job each side and let the 5200 cure for 48 hours before loading it. You will be very happy you did this mod.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that glossy finish I'm surprised you don't have sleeves over the bumpers.
    2008 330EC
  • Options

@aero3113, I bet they will be on in the next sets of pictures LOL. A set of 10 newly washed (and some just new) black premium polyester fender covers were delivered with the boat. There are a lot of spares and parts to sort through and there are only so many hours in a day. the Admiral and I packed a lot of stuff away in that boat for the new owners. It's a wonder the hauler didn't blow a tire or two! LOL

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Thats one unique looking Rinker bry1429! Congrats on your beautiful new boat and welcome to the forum!