Options

OT: Don't be like sports car owners

2»

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,466 admin
    Hey @LaRea what are you smoking tonight...........LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Volkl1996Volkl1996 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    I see these kids in my hood as well. I purchased a 2001 BMW 330CI convertible 5spd this Spring, all stock. They pull up next to me at the lights, I let them get the first 5 seconds, then I floor it and they get to see what a real German machine can do.

I have to admit, at my age, I got a big kick out of it.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,592 mod
    @raybo3 you can't make this stuff up!  Someday, I will compete in the 24 Hours of Lemons -- and whatever I bring, it will make a wicked rooster tail.
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    These kids will buy a $2000 car, then put $6000 in rims and stereo equipment, then get mad at the insurance company when they total it and get....$1500, depreciation
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I do enjoy parody and irony. 24 hours of Lemons - I LOVE that! I also really liked WAAAAY back in the 60's when Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention did their iconoclastic parody of the Beatles "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album cover and named the album, "We're Only In It for The Money"!! HA! Another Zappa send up was "Joe's Garage" where the theme was a satire of the Church of Scientology, ala, L. Ron Hoover and the 1st Church of Appliantology. Man, I miss Zappa.
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    You heard it first here on RBOC:  when I build my prototype water-spurt-thingy, @randy56 wants to buy one.

OK, last Honda Civic photo -- and only because this one is an actual race car.  "Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce" competed in the 24 Hours of Lemons (a real race, look it up) and won the coveted "Dangerous Banned Technology" trophy.  

Look for it soon at a shopping mall near you.  But please don't put this technology on a boat.

is there any wonder the front is crunched?  How does one control that thing? and... the map on the, uh, tail fin, where most planes would have their registration- it appears this vehicle either never made it out of the southern US, or, that's the only place it hasn't been... I hope it's the latter. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,592 mod
    Yes, those are active aero surfaces -- AND she complies with the race series rule that you can't spend more than $500 on the car.  (Well, $500 plus safety equipment.)  Check her out:  http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

Of course, the car never goes fast enough for the aero package to have any effect whatsoever, which makes the irony even more beautiful.  Those Lemons races are an amazing phenomenon. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,576 mod
    Randy, you can probably find one from a junker PWC.  LOL!  I still have my truck from when I was 16.  Gonna give it to my son in a few years.  Old street rod, 1937 Ford pickup, with a 4X4 Blazer chassis and a 350 block (same block that went in a vette, new from crate back in '93)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express