Options

Anyone for what has likely happened to our Bravo III?

13»

Answers

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change it all and move forward Ras
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have to change all that stuff in 200 total hours on this boat, I need to buy a better boat. How much for the bellows with everything already off?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras the 200 total hours isn't always the culprit with a bellows and assorted boot wear/failure. The rubber and composites degrade with time. In fact boats with fewer hours that have spent less time in use often have such parts that are in worse shape.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    If I have to change all that stuff in 200 total hours on this boat, I need to buy a better boat. How much for the bellows with everything already off?
    The boat is 11 years old. You don't know when they were last changed. The bellows and/or shift boot could fail at any moment. The rubber will degrade over time just like trailer tires do. If it was me, I would change them. While the engine is out, clean the bilge.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not talking about the 200 hours and the bellows- I understand time takes it's toll on that- it was some of the other stuff like replace a gimbal bearing and re do the transom- sounded like jumping off the deep end with those items on a low hour boat. That being said, if I had all the bucks to do all the nice things I'd like to do to our boat, I'd do it in a heart beat. I just have to watch my boat bucks. I'm sure the mechanic will want to replace anything he sees as not being fit or up to snuff....so, the question still remains since the foot and motor are out, I'd think this a good time to do the bellows and I'm asking, since it is tore down and not starting from scratch on a bellows replacement, what would a reasonable cost be?