New member of the LED cup holder club.

DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
Just finished installing the blue LED cup holders to match the cockpit lights.


«1

Comments

  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Nice!
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. Where did you get yours?  A few of my cup holders have cracked at the rim, may as well upgrade!

    Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    Sweet. Where did you get yours?  A few of my cup holders have cracked at the rim, may as well upgrade!
    Ebay. $70 for 8pcs. Pretty good deal.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/111762448150?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT


  • DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
  • Brunet33Brunet33 Member Posts: 3 ✭
    What is the best way to wire all of these up? I haven't done much electrical stuff in the past. Is it easy?
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭✭
    All black wires go to battery ground... all red wires go together and get fed +12v from a switch. 
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Daze, very nice and nice to see the kiddos with the jackets! One suggestion if I may. I did this also and The wiring on these is very cheap. Any pull on the solder will disconnect the wire. Strap them tight so there's no pull. have a few in stock in case the wiring or led goes kablooie. Never know when down the line they might fail and the specific ones you have may not be around. ...once again, nice look.

    Oops, don't notice this was from 2016 post, lol
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Looks great.
  • DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    Trashman said:
    Daze, very nice and nice to see the kiddos with the jackets! One suggestion if I may. I did this also and The wiring on these is very cheap. Any pull on the solder will disconnect the wire. Strap them tight so there's no pull. have a few in stock in case the wiring or led goes kablooie. Never know when down the line they might fail and the specific ones you have may not be around. ...once again, nice look.

    Oops, don't notice this was from 2016 post, lol
    Thanks, great suggestion
  • JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭

    I am the newest member of the LED cup holder club.  I bought the 1 Light cup holders and I like how they turned out.  I also added the tri color cockpit lights.


     


    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Jonny  I got the same cup holders but haven't had time to install them yet.  Do the cockpit lights fit over the existing holes?  Where did you get them.
  • JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I had to make the holes a little larger but it was worth it.  I got them from Overtons.  http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=ITC-Tri-Color-LED-Light&i=773104
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I kinda want to do these, but I have 16 cup holders on board, and $150 for cup holders when mine are already nice stainless steel with drains is a little spendy. :/
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    JoeStang said:
    I kinda want to do these, but I have 16 cup holders on board, and $150 for cup holders when mine are already nice stainless steel with drains is a little spendy. :/
    16 cup holders??  Holy cow, I though I had too many with 12.

    2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭
    I take that back, I forgot about a couple. I actually have 20 LOL
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    I got 8 for $50 on ebay.
  • ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    @JoeStang

    I just bought S/S cup holders and have pre drilled some hole to install the led strip lights like I did on my 270. Its easy but takes some time running the wire. If you interested I have a post on here. Cost is around $50 total.
    Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right
    MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys with the LEDs uggghhhh You will have to wear sunglasses 24/7!!! LOL
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    I just finished up mind as well. Very bright! They fit nice and snug, but the lip was a little smaller than the plastic OEM cupholders. I'll have to glue the upholstery to get it tucked in nicely...
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    I also wired these up. Everything goes to my courtesy light switch  B)


    2000 Captiva 232 
  • ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Update... 
    I added my home made led cup holders(stainless steel this time) again and ran the led strip lighting in the cockpit area again like on my 270. I haven't decided if I will go in the cabin with them yet or leave the existing rope lighting. I will update with pics when it's darker so it gives the full effect.
    Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right
    MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI 
  • ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 162 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    OK, I am the latest member of the LED cup holders association. The only problem is I have pi$$ed off the admiral. We have a 2001 Captiva 232CC. Her port seat only has a folding wall mount cup holder that is old and is hard to open. The design doesn't allow for a dash mount because of the sliding door to the cuddy. Has anyone found a wall mount other than this cheap folding wall mount cup holder? Any suggestions will keep me out of hot water with her.
  • JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭

    My old bayliner had a cheap plastic folding cup holder right by the step up to the dash.  I replaced it with a stainless and it was easier to open and use and didn't break everytime you touched it.  They are a bit pricy but are worth it if you want to stay with this style.

    https://www.wholesalemarine.com/s-s-tournament-drink-holder.html

    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 162 ✭✭
    trip_n said:
    @ruggerole....switch seats 

    LOL, nice. Best laugh of the day
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Future member of LED cup holder club.  Just need to wire up the aft cup holders.
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Ok, boat isn't out front. How many stainless cup holders does the 280EC have? I'm thinking 14 from memory?
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, boat isn't out front. How many stainless cup holders does the 280EC have? I'm thinking 14 from memory?
    Off the top of my head, I believe there are at least 12. If the rain lets up, I will try and get to the boat today and count them for you.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I think 12 that are lightable? lol. The two that are on the port side by the windshield are cut out in the corian
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot about the one on the starboard rear deck and the one next to the driver seat below the throttle. Of the 14 that are stainless, 2 of them are at the rear jump seat on the swim platform. It's crazy that there are 3 at the helm. LOL
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.