260 questions

MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

1. how do you remove the pedastal for the table in the cabin?

2. how do you lower the pedistal and make a v berth?

3.  There is a black plastic cap that screws on and off around the gas filler tank. What is it for?

4.  The cockpit wash down is it supposed to pulsate.  Is it fresh water or lake water?

Answers

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. You're not supposed to. Why do you want to do that? 2. At the base near the floor there is a locking screw. Unscrew this and then push the table down, then lock screw. 3. I think you are talking about the water tank inlet. You fill this with clean potable water using a hose. 4. Yes, there is a pump that continuously pressurises the water system, it can pulsate especially at low flows. It takes water rom the fresh water tank which is filled from that black cap.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

Thanks for your response.  3. is a vent for the fuel tank on the 2013 my dealer called today. 4.  the pulsating I was talking about is the option of a cockpit wash down with hose,  It comes from the water outside the boat.1.  Your response helped me figure out how to lower the table.

Thanks again

3. Are you sure it is the vent for the gas tank?
    There wouldn't be a cap on it. If it has two small recessed holes to accept a black plastic key I'm pretty sure it is the water. I have the Sam boat just last year's version. Can you post a picture?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

I think so.  Thats what they said anyhow.  The water is labeled water.  This is a black plug about 1 " in diameter.Once you scew the plug out there is a male connector below it.   I am going to crawl zround in the engine compartment to see where it goes I'll let you know.  Yes I will try to post a picture later this week

• TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    RE # 3,

Just stick your nose to it and take a big whiff. If it's a fuel vent/filler it'll be pretty apparent. If it's the holding tank vent....well, maybe don't take too big a whiff. Raw water filler and fuel filler should be clearly labeled. My guess is that it's a holding tank or gas tank vent if it's not labeled.

Mike
    Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
    On the 260 the water fill is on the same side as the gas fill. The holding tank nozzle is on the other side. 1" sounds too small to be the water. The water inlet is about a 2" nozzle cap.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

will take a picture this weekend

attached is a picture of the black plug I was talking about. 
    edited May 2013
    Looks like the fresh water fill to me. The gas vent does not have a cap on it.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

not the fresh water fill.  It is a little forward and says water this says nothing. 

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    It's a vent

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
    Babyboomer. It has a cap on it - looks like it needs the 2 prong key to remove. My gas vent has a small 1" chrome cover over it, not that. Is that a new kind of vent?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

I believe it sis some kind of vent.  but for what I don't know.  If I remove the cap there is a threaded male connection in sinde of it.  I am wondering if it was a vent for gas so a person could connect a hose with a bottle attached to prevent fuel from going overboard.  I will take a picture of it tomorrow

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I wonder if it's a grey water cap I've never seen one the only place in Ky or Tn you have to catch grey water is if you boat in an area that the US Dept. of Forestry controls like The Danial Boone National Forest which has Cave Run Lake in it. 

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
    Open the engine compartment and trace it. You will figure it out in 5 minutes.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

I dont have a grey water tank so that isn't it.  I am going to try and get in that tiny space this weekend.  It is very tight not like my 342 that Ihad before this one.
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey Mike...that's a fuel tank vent.
    Thanks Captian Steve.