Options

BRAVO 3 LOW LUBE ALARM

2»

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Have you looked for any loose wires/bad grounds?  Could cause random alarms despite all good sensors. I believe most connectors are bullet.   
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    In VVM you can silence and block the alarms, have you tried that temporarily? I also think the low lube alarm is more persistent and is stored in freeze frame and may need the tool to clear fully.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ian said:
    In VVM you can silence and block the alarms, have you tried that temporarily? I also think the low lube alarm is more persistent and is stored in freeze frame and may need the tool to clear fully.

yeah, it silences the alarm on the app, but in this case not at the helm. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if i would jump to a bad ECU off the bat. This feels more like a short or bad wire.  When you messed with the wires and the problem went away for a while.  That to me is a sign to dig further into those wires.  Something there is intermittent.  That could be a loose connection, corrosion or almost broken wire.  For a 23 yr old boat....that would be my guess.  If remember correctly the purple wire off the ignition is just 12v when the engine is on or in the aux position.  All of the wires behind the guages go to one large wireing harness that is then plugged into your main harness that runs to the engine.  Maybe follow the wires in the harness.  Unplug the two wiring harnesses and look for corrosion or anything broken or loose.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    Ian said:

yeah, it silences the alarm on the app, but in this case not at the helm. 
    I believe blocking will also stop the beeps.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/