Winter Storage Covers

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X3 or 4 - cover or store indoors. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• coverguycoverguy Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    How about 15% off all custom Fisher Winter Storage Covers til Monday. Alot of patterns on file, but can travel from Maryland to Conn. and measure for free.

Darren Fitzgerald
    darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    www.pmwinterboatcovers.com
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Now that's a great deal!!!!! If I was in need of a new cover, I would go for it.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I agree with Al about shrink-wrap. For 18 years of boating I've always had a custom winter cover that paid for itself in soooo many ways! Even at Al's indoor rates, my cover has been paid for already! I really hate seeing shrink-wrap still used so much. It's a sign of laziness if you ask me.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could get indoor storage for twenty a foot I'd do it in a heart beat
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    There is no indoor storage in my area. I shrink every year and it most definitely helps with keeping the boat nice. My 2002 is in pristine condition and shrinking is a big part of it. IMO keeping water then ice off the boat is huge. Water can get trapped then freeze. My guy puts vents in it and I put moisture containers and have never ever had any issues........... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really interesting how regional winter boat storage is. Makes sense, just interesting. I store indoor cold for less than $1600 which includes power washing, haul, launch, etc. heated is double the $. My dad is only 60 miles away and really has no choice but to go outdoors with a custom canvas cover which has easily paid for itself vs shrink wrap and works great! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

@raybo3, how much do you pay to shrink every year? A good winter cover would pay for itself in 3-4 years of the cost of shrink and it covers the boat to the waterline. It might be worth considering.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Greg I live in a townhouse condo so I dont really have any storage space for a winter cover. My shrink wrap is bout $600. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    The Fisher Winter Storage Cover for a 342FV is about $2472 after my discount. Cover the boat completely down to the waterline and has transom zipper door.
    Discount ends soon. darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com

Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    Fisher uses a lighter material now than the old grey cotton canvas. Lighter material but still very water repellant and breathable. You can still expect 8-10 seasons from your Fisher cover, even longer with simple care. There is also another even lighter material called Weathermax we can use. And we can do in-water storage cover and multiple piece cover.

Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • FDNY49FDNY49 Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
    May I have a quote for 2004 312 FV?
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I still have to winterize but it never gets rained on or snow cover.
    its like a huge car port 
    plus come
    spring I can start on prep regardless of weather.
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
     That boat is 22 years old and shines like new,you my friend are a good captain. Nice being able to have access to do thinks in the off seasons.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    edited December 2017

I prefer indoor storage, but until that day comes, I will keep using my Fisher Winter Cover.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get into the boat with it on?
    J3ff said:

yes, an access door with zipper is in the back.  It really makes it nice in the winter to do work inside the boat.  40 degrees and sunny outside makes it T-shirt weather inside!

FDNY49 said:
    May I have a quote for 2004 312 FV?
    I would like to email you the info and pricing, but your cover comes out at $2827. I offer a 10% discount so your final cost is $2544.00, plus shipping. darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com

Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    J3ff said:
    Yes. The zipper access is right where the walk thru is at. Like @Dream_Inn states, it is cozy in the inside on a sunny, chilly day.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    curious about installation while on a lift?  I keep my boat on my lift year round and have it shrinkwrapped in place.  I see on cableguys pics that the cover is bungeed to the trailer.  I physically can't do that since its hanging over the water.  is there a way to secure it without those?  I spend over 800 per year on shrinkwrap, and it pisses me off each time to throw that much away.
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    800 on shrink? Jesus do they use the one made out of gold lol
    you can always get few seasons out of shrink if removed with sort of sense.

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    summerx said:
    curious about installation while on a lift?  I keep my boat on my lift year round and have it shrinkwrapped in place.  I see on cableguys pics that the cover is bungeed to the trailer.  I physically can't do that since its hanging over the water.  is there a way to secure it without those?  I spend over 800 per year on shrinkwrap, and it pisses me off each time to throw that much away.
    @summerx , it looks like @Cableguy Greg  has it secured under and around to the other side and not to the trailer. He does have just the front secured to the trailer. That should work on a lift.
    2008 330EC
    I used mule tape to secure the cover across the bottom. It is secured to the trailer in the front, but the grommets allow for it to be secured to itself. A friend of mine has a Fisher cover and his boat is on a lift. It works really well for him. @Dream_Inn also has a cover on a lift. You will be saving in the long run. Be sure to get the lighter material.
    Go Steelers!!!

I have a cover made out of stamoid light material.  For the past 11 years I've had a boat on a lift (310 and now 400) and have always had a custom cover.  The trick is, I have a little raft that I use to tie it around the bottom of the boat.

I was just going to ask how you managed to get it tied off under the boat.  my marina has a "floating dock" with a motor on it that I can use, but would be a challenge getting it up in front of the boat.  I was also wondering how do you secure the back, over the platform from the dock?  I would only be able to reach the side closest to the pier as my setup is similar to yours.
    zaverin1 said:
    800 on shrink? Jesus do they use the one made out of gold lol
    you can always get few seasons out of shrink if removed with sort of sense.

I called around to a few places this year, and all the prices were similar.  I think they upcharge me for being on a lift as I am sure it is more difficult.

I have heard people say that you can reuse it, but I'll be honest, mine ends up pretty hacked up by the time I am done.  also think being on a lift doesn't make it any easier getting it off.
    edited January 2018

Like I said, I have a little float I keep in the water year round (accudock) that I have several on my pier chip in on the cost.  We all use it.  I even change my outdrive lube every fall with it.  I also use it to wax my boat.

It makes putting the cover on real easy.  I actually put the cover on, with the framework, by myself.  Also remove it by myself (remember, this is on a 400).

hmm.  very interesting idea Dream.  I have mine short hauled each spring to wash/wax it on land.  may have to look into that in the spring.
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream you look good in white LOL
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice tan!
    Boat Name :