Options

Rinker EX370 product walk-through by President, Kim Slocum

wheatstwheatst Member Posts: 40 admin
Post edited by Dream_Inn on

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have made the trunk lid go higher when open.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Totally awesome boat......... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    I have owned the 360ex since Aug 2012 and have love and enjoyed it till today.

Great boat. Awesome quality. Great company.
    And very happy to see Kim Slocum back at the helm.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Also great to see Kim in the video!  
  • Options
    dhlOASISdhlOASIS Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Beautiful boat!  
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome tour Kim! The Rinker 360 is by far the best equipped, easiest to maintain, fastest to plane (502s), most economical to run and just plain best looking of ANY cruiser this size at even TWICE the price. Another Rinker home fun! 
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Rinker actively participating on this forum - glad the new / old management recognize / acknowledge the Rinker "faithful" that frequent this site :-) The EX370 is a beautiful boat!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife caught me drooling at this EX370, nice, I wish I would have seen it on the tour. Must have been a secret. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Does anyone know how much $$$$$$ this boat is???? Video kind of ended quickly.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You couldnt afford it Ray, just sayin LOL
  • Options
    I bet it costs a lot less than $490K, which is the MSRP of a similarly equipped Flea Ray 370.
  • Options
    @LaRea, should be less than 300K with 8.2 Mags And most options.
  • Options
    Hmm, let's see.  Same size, same engines, and the Rinker weighs 2500 pounds less.  Wonder which will perform better.  Oh, and which one has a shower and ice maker.

And the price savings will cover all operating expenses, including fuel, for about 20 years.  
  • Options
    You couldnt afford it Ray, just sayin LOL
    How would you know?????????????????????? lol
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An option for a longer swim platform would be nice. A boat this size should be able to handle a dinghy/davit system. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Should have made the trunk lid go higher when open.
    That's an easy fix though
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    warrantyvoiderwarrantyvoider Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Beautiful boat.  
    I've been frustrated with my 310EC.  When we go out, I can never bring all of my spices.  It's nice to know that Rinker put some thought into spice storage on this baby.
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Nice boat. Agree the swim platform looks smaller than my 360s which fits davits and my 10'6" Achilles rib laying flat no problem. It would be cool to see an extended hydraulic platform option. Also it looks like the kitchen storage is less than my 360. That would not fly with the admiral. The bathroom layout is much nicer though. I'm guessing they sacrificed some counter/cabinet space for more bathroom.  I love all the window placements as well. It certainly makes the galley and berths less cavelike. Overall it looks to be a solid ship. Does anyone have the specs on it (beam, loa, weight, engine options etc)?
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

QUICK OVERVIEW

• L.O.A. FT (M)37' 11" (11.56) includes swim platform
    • BEAM (M)12' 0" (3.66)
    • BRIDGE CLEARANCE FT (M)12' 8" (3.87)
    • DRAFT, DRIVE DOWN IN (MM)36" (916)
    • DRAFT, DRIVE UP IN (MM)22" (560)
    • DEADRISE18°
    • APPROX. DRY WEIGHT LBS (KG)15550 ( 7060)
    • FUEL CAPACITY GAL (L)235 (889)
    • FRESH WATER CAPACITY51 (193)
    • WASTE WATER CAPACITY47 (178)
    • CABIN HEADROOM FT (M)6' 11" (2.11)
    • SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS6
    • PASSENGER CAPACITYYACHT CERTIFIED
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically an updated 342. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Basically an updated 342. lol
    Pretty much...LOL. Although it's a much more beautiful boat, there are a lot of similarities with my 05 342.
  • Options
    The EC 360 has more headroom and a much bigger front berth that you can access from both sides, in reality, a true Queen walk around. Plus the aft berth is waaaay better. Far more room as it has a flexsteel couch that pulls out into a berth. The cabin also has a flexsteel couch that makess for much better cabin interior room and a far superior mid berth. I have been on a dozen 342s and a dozen 350/360s and about all they have in common is some exterior measurents. The 360 is superior in every other way. Take a look at the size difference in the side by side pictures I posted of a friend's 342 beside my former 2014 EC 360 nooooooo comparison! Trying to compare a 342 to an EC 360 is just wishful thinking!
  • Options
    Who said anything about comparing???? I just stated there are a lot of similarities
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Man oh man. Thats a beautiful boat. Love that they're gaining presence on the forum!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    DD2, I wasn't critizing you. Every forum contributor is entitled to a respectful response. My intention was to encourage anyone considering a 342 vs a 350 or 360 to compare them and not be fooled by what may seem to be similar exterior dimensions. IMO, contrary to what many say, the two boats are very different.
  • Options
    MT, agreed, they are very different and the 342 is a great foundation for all it's predecessors and each update is an improvement. I was just surprised that after 15+ years, there are still distinct similarities.
  • Options
    Agreed, DD2 but that is true for a number of manufacturers. In fact the 30 -40 foot size of many manufacturers often stays fairly static. SeaRay's 360-380 is an example. 
  • Options
    WheelsnkeelsWheelsnkeels Member Posts: 3
    Welcome Back Kim !
    Very nice tour of the 370 we just completed 745 Nautical Miles from St Joseph Mi touring all the Islands through Straits of Mackinac and into Lake Huron on our Rinker EX350.
    What a marvelous trip sorry to have missed the opportunity of seeing you at the dealer meeting.
    Lot's of great pics and stories from the trip Very Happy with our 6th Rinker Cruiser best value on the water!
    Regards,
    Mark Campbell
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wheelsnkeels, I take it that you have the new 2017 EX350. Can you share some pics of her. I bet she is a beauty!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    wheatstwheatst Member Posts: 40 admin
    Love all the comments here.  To answer the price question, that boat as shown in the video is about $315K.  That is actually Kim's personal boat that we made as boat #1 with all the changes.  He has all the bells and whistles we offer.  Kim is taking his boat to Lake Erie here soon.  Dealers are already ordering the 370 after the shows the past couple of weeks.