Options

Rinker EX370 product walk-through by President, Kim Slocum

13»

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll arguing about who's friggin 40 footer is better and I'm over here on my little dinghy wondering where to fit 3 coolers this weekend. Either way they'll be on the dock at night - gotta keep the "stabbin cabin" free of clutter. LOL

I am in the demographic MT describes, and I know the older boats have their draw, but the newer designs and layouts are MUCH more to what young families nowadays use. Not many families spend a week on their mid 30's boat, they go out for the day, maybe the weekend. Built-in swim platforms that improve the looks, built-in hardtops that hold electronics, speakers, & LED lights, 1-level cockpits that flow better and allow easier walking about. These are all things ALL manufacturers are going to, because thats what people want.

If the buying public wanted the layout and design of the 342 they would still make it that way. I'm sure Rinker would love to not redesign every 10 years, but you gotta update and stay competitive.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

The new designs keep getting better. I really liked everything about my 2014 EC 360 but I do like the new helm on the 2017 EX 370 better. More room to install one of the glass front GPS systems and I like the helm top overhang to eliminate glare on the electronics.

Why they are still putting the Axius on the lower starboard arm rest - where you have to be a dwarf to reach it standing - is a mystery to me, especially after they put mine up on the helm and everyone who saw it liked it.

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Tex68Tex68 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    MT are you boatless right now? Oh man, which one are you thinking about getting? I tell you I like the 360 but I look at the cockpit lay out and I have to say IMO there isn't a better layout than the 310's cockpit. It flows so well and the versatility of the fold down sun pad and the swiveling captains chair. There isn't anything out there like it. We got to tour a 2005 FV 410 and OMG that boat was ginormous!!! It even had an oven. I'd love to see Rinker put a modern day version of something like that together. Have you seen Chaparral's Premier 420 (https://youtu.be/8ohyo095rbE) or Regal's 420? I bet if Rinker chose to play in that size range they would blow them away. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    I'll say ... that Chap 420 is probably an $800K boat.  In today's economy, I don't think any maker is selling very many $800K express cruisers.  Rinker could rule that size class if they chose to go there. 
  • Options
    A Rinker 400 series with diesels would compete with any cruiser out there and with a couple of differences, could slay anything available.
    IMO make it 3 feet longer than the previous 400 series. That should be easy to do.

Then make sure the front berth was an "island - style" berth as in walk around - everyone I talked with say that is mandatory....and for a hull that size a second head with at least a toilet and sink is a must.

I almost bought the last Rinker 400 produced. I was on that boat. It was gorgeous but the fact that: 1. It had gas engines (502s) 2. A sideways front berth. 3. No second toilet in a 400 series boat..... made the choice of a Rinker 360 a no brainer.

@Tex68. As you probably know I owned a 2013 Rinker EC 310 and a 2014 Rinker  EC 360. IMO they were both exceptional boats. The cockpit layout on the EC 310 was a multiple award winner and for good reason. The EC 310 was a breeze to operate and miserly on gas. That said, I prefer the EC 360 hands down. It's island style front berth, large head with stand alone shower and TWO cabin flex steel pull out berths and cockpit entertainment area with ice maker, made that boat amazing!
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    I could only imagine what 10 years of R&D would have done to my boat had Rinker kept producing it.   They were definitely on the right track at the time. I think the Chaparral Premier was a "step above"....however I also think Chaparral's pricing for their Premier was "SEVERAL steps above".  Mine is now a 10 year old boat, but I'll put it nose to nose with ANYTHING of comparable size in my marina.  It's a shame the economy dictated the direction of the boating industry.  There were a lot of good boats out there that fell victim to hard times.
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It was an honor and great pleasure meeting RINKER President Kim Slocum and his Fleet of Gorgeous Rinkers at the Chicago boat show! We are aboard the 2017 EX370 ! He is EXTREMELY passionate with his brand and the beautiful line of RINKER models his company is meticulously constructing! Kim and I are giving @Michael T a BIG thumbs up to move forward on custom ordering a 2017 EX370 !!! :-)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Thanks for posting the photo!  I hope you told Kim hello from all of us here!
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Thanks for posting the photo!  I hope you told Kim hello from all of us here!
    We spoke for quite a while about the dedicated Rinker owners on the forum. I told him if it were not for the forum I would still be in a Bayliner. It was the forum where I met MT, it was because of the forum  I got interested with the Rinker Brand . there would be numerous lost owners if it were not for the forum to turn to for Q&A .
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    Great photo Bry!  I'd sure someday like to meet Kim as well!  glad to hear you put a good word in for this forum!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Hey Bryan way to go. I have never met Kim but we used to talk boats waaaay back when he and his buddies used to jack-up Rinkers with high HP engines to water ski behind. It was he who green lighted my 390 HP "up-grade" in my Rinker 190 LOL. He's such a great guy. Did you tell him that YOUR Rinker has the custom ordered Diamante seat covers - I bet even he doesn't have that on his! Plus your joystick is mounted in the right place LOL! His new 370 is sure nice but I bet it wouldn't look as cool as yours in a side by side showing!!!!!

P.S. When I look at the picture of Kim's hard top I see a plastic entry port at the aft section of the roof underside - YOURS - has a tri-colored light there! Kim needs to see YOUR boat to get some up-grade ideas!!!!! LOL  :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Hey Bry,   when you saw  the price tag on Kim's boat (worth every penny imo)  I bet you and J were gald you bought ours!  :-) 
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Went to the Miami boat show and met Kim and his wife, real nice down to earth people and what a show. Love the flooring in the 370.  Next year Ft Lauderdale!
  • Options
    jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Got the opportunity to meet Kim and his wife as well. Very nice people. Loved the boat show and loved the 370. I went out for a demo. I think a 360/370 is definitely my next boat. Not that I'm biased or anything, but I think the rinker was the best cruiser there. I am 6'4" and it was one of the only cruisers I could comfortably stand in the cabin! 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @jbschmalz23,  agree.  Apart from the unbeatable options for the price,  the hull ride and efficiency  - it was the best  in class - in fact up to  about  55 footers,  head room that sold me.  I'm 6'6" so room was key.  The walk around front island berth was amazing too. MT 
    Post edited by Michael T on