Options

Marine Air

2»

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can actually set the humidity level on this one. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you run the new Tstat wire and fished it thru like the old one?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did run the new t-stat wire. I mounted the control box on the port side under the storage bin (near where the air duct goes). I would have needed to get a 20' piece of phone wire to follow the exact original wire run, I used the 15' piece, put it in 3/8" plastic wire conduit and ran it mostly along the original wire run. 

More room to mount the box where I did and I didn''t have to splice in more wire. The wires for the water pump on the original set up were run tight and bare against the compressor and had worn thru exposing the wire. Rather scary find!  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    JakesRinker300JakesRinker300 Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    I realize this is an old thread but I feel my problem could be answered from the lines of conversation in this thread. I have a Marine Air Systems VHT12K-H in my 300. It has a Passport IO thermostat. Previous owner told me air conditioning was working but you had to plug and extension cord into the water pump to turn it on. In the mid bildge I find this setup. See photo. If I plug an extension cord into the water pump it runs and I can turn on the air conditioner from the thermostat and it cools. I’m guessing something on the control unit that sends voltage to the pump to turn on when the air conditioner is set to cool has broken. What should I be looking at to make this work correctly?

Jake

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Might be easier to just leave it as is and just hardwire it and add a switch but the ac controller in the cabin 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be something in the programming that controls the pump. If not then you would need a new board. The issue is finding one. 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    As @Handymans342 said, the controller normally turns this on and looks like that part of the controller isn’t working so the PO how wired it as such. You’d need a new controller to fix the problem fully. Unless you have troubleshooting skills to pop out the controller and check signals.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My less than a year unit did this as well, wouldn't turn on the pump. New control board fixed it. They wouldn't cover it under warranty because some how the oil filled pump overheated and sent oil up through the wiring and got oil all over the place in there.

I think it was 90 shipped, about an hour to swap that and put a new pump in and everything was back in business and has been running smoothly for a year or so
  • Options
    JakesRinker300JakesRinker300 Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    J3ff said:
    My less than a year unit did this as well, wouldn't turn on the pump. New control board fixed it. They wouldn't cover it under warranty because some how the oil filled pump overheated and sent oil up through the wiring and got oil all over the place in there.

I think it was 90 shipped, about an hour to swap that and put a new pump in and everything was back in business and has been running smoothly for a year or so

J3ff what control board?  From Marine Air?  How do I get in contact seeing as they’re owned by Dometic now?

Jake