This project was very easy. Tools and supplies I use were a box cutter (a lot of razors), putty knife, vice grips, phillip head screw driver, acetone, 3M commercial spray glue, 40lb bags of wood pellets, 50 vinyl wood (Lowes 99 cents a piece).
Pulling the carpet is the worse and hardest part of the project. You could blow the boat up and the carpet would still be attached to the sub floor. I used the vice grips to grip and pull the carpet up. The acetone to clean the floor surface of all the glue.
I unscrewed the stair frame from the floor, removed the steps and handrail. By doing that I had enough space to just lift the stair frame to slid the vinyl underneath. I started on the starboard side and laid the vinyl down, spraying each plank with the adhesive. A floor guy told me to have at least 6 inches between joints to make it look good. I laid the 40lb bags on the floor to help the vinyl to adhere as the surface of the sub floor is not flat. I did the floor in sections over a couple days. Inexpensive and looks great! Not one vinyl piece has come up. At times the vinyl wood look crooked when half laid down. Actually the stair frame is angled a bit and that gave it a crooked look but once the steps were put back on, it was fine.