Options

Hisham Kinani

I bought a 342 Fiesta Vee (2005) ,  how can I download its owners manual , as I am facing difficulties getting to be familiar withe my boat ie: how can I get access to the fuel,water,waist tanks down in the Hull, also the bilge pump and other equipment down in the Hull !!! And many other issues re benefiting from my boats facilities ...

Best Answers

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Look around at @DanD2 posts on this site. He posted a video of how to get to fuel, water and waste tanks through the aft cabin. The only way to get to the tanks is through the aft cabin. Also search my posts, I posted pictures of how to add access panels in the aft cabin rear storage area to check the level of the waste and water tanks. Lots of 342 info out there on this site, you just have to do a little searching. Congrats on your new boat!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    On the discussion just below this one, Winterize water and waste tanks, you will see a post by DanD2, click on his user name it will take you to his profile. Then click on his discussions. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There really is no 'owners manual' per se. It is a collection of the manuals from the various equipment suppliers: engines, drives, generator, AC/heat etc. most all can be found on line or on here too. 

The fuel, water and waste tanks are not easily visible. The water/waste tanks can be seen a few ways, a lot of people take the side walls down from the storage area behind the mirror in the aft cabin. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Good luck with your 342......You'll like it, is an awesome boat. First link I posted has some info for you. The second link is my youtube video on getting access to the tanks.

I've torn apart just about every aspect of my 342 and have done a bunch of MODs. Check out the Rinker Custom Projects Thread. Some of that info I've learned from here, (this is a GREAT site BTW) and some of it on my own. Feel free to ask, I'll share all that I know.

http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/4861/2003-342-port-fuel-tank-leak/p1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_q8jW_EdZ0
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342

Answers

• Options
    HishamKinaniHishamKinani Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I bought a 342 Fiesta Vee (2005) ,  how can I download its owners manual , as I am facing difficulties getting to be familiar withe my boat ie: how can I get access to the fuel,water,waist tanks down in the Hull, also the bilge pump and other equipment down in the Hull !!! And many other issues re benefiting from my boats facilities ...
  • Options
    Thank U very much Dear Liberty 44140 , you've been a great help , but since I just joined this respectable site only few hours ago , so I'll try to find my way through it and see how will I find DanD2 posts and how can i search your posts !! I believe I can succeed , but allow me to get back to U in case of any difficulties . Thanks a lot . Hisham Kinani ...
  • Options
    Thank U randy 56 , sure I'll check it , but the site is very new to me so I am lost somehow and I am facing difficulties finding out the easiest and correct procedures of using the site , so ,  Am gonna use what I've got  .. to get what I need ..........
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I keep a working list derived from experience etc that works pretty well for me.  It follows below.  Some of the stuff was done last week.  When I get the boat back and the bill, I will check those things off and move them to the "done" list.

Salt Shaker   + Regular boat maintenance:

Look into Rad power bikes  $1500.00 ea  08/24/2016

Grease the lifts each September.  06/10/2016  Done 07/06/2016 

Change all impellers annually (3)    04/02/2016

Clean filter for air conditioner each 6 months.  Done 04/11/2016

Change gear lube every 50 hours, 100 hours max per Al Swagg  04/18/2016

Exercise (identify them and list) seacocks every 6 months 08/22/2016

Replace zincs on boat tabs and engines next service  03/20/2016

Service batteries in engine room  05/03/2016

Service engines and drives   04/12/2016

Engine alarm sounds shortly after start up and stops once we are under way.  05/03/2016

Shower sump is slow  05/03/2016

Replace Faria tachs with something decent.  06/12/2016

Risers are showing some corrosion at the gaskets  05/03/2016

Check fuel valves and hoses for integrity  04/16/2016

Fix water flow into icemaker  05/03/2016

Engines had a “running rough” period last time out.  06/14/2016

Trim tabs went inop on most recent trip  06/14/2016

Repaint bottom  07/14/2016

Look into Westerbeake Generator to replace existing one  09/23/2016

Look into “drive showers” for the Salt Shaker  03/26/2016

Figure out hailer and put on a menu button.  03/26/2016

Get longer cord for ham radio speaker aboard Salt Shaker  03/26/2016

Replace batteries in all portable equipment annually:

Remote for Alpine radio   04/12/2016   Last done 04/12/2016

Lithium batteries currently in SPOT expire 03 of2023  04/15/2016

Charge all rechargeable batteries for all portable equipment semi annually:

Portable power drill motor  04/12/2016

Batteries and service for ACR PLB 350 ELT reqd 12 of 2015 Should also re register  04/15/2016

Design build and install 20 meter Windom for Salt Shaker  04/12/2016

Repair deck in cabin   03/20/2016  Check with Dan the Detail Man for name.

Repair blemish on starboard side of hull   03/20/2016  Check with Dan the Detail Man for name

Service CO detector on recommended schedule TBD  04/17/2016

Trim Dri Dek pieces to fit  in cockpit side compartment  04/17/2016

Service fire extinguishers  04/18/2016

Check dates on Flares  04/18/2016

Drain for sink in head is slow flow  05/03/2016

Procure some double banana plugs for antenna connections   06/11/2016

• Options
    wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Hi Tony, I noticed that your list includes "replace Faria Tachs with something decent". Have you replaced them? What did you end up replacing them with? My tachs are terrible and they are on my short list of upgrades for this coming winter.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    DanD2 said:
    Good luck with your 342......You'll like it, is an awesome boat. First link I posted has some info for you. The second link is my youtube video on getting access to the tanks.

I've torn apart just about every aspect of my 342 and have done a bunch of MODs. Check out the Rinker Custom Projects Thread. Some of that info I've learned from here, (this is a GREAT site BTW) and some of it on my own. Feel free to ask, I'll share all that I know.

http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/4861/2003-342-port-fuel-tank-leak/p1

I watched your video Dan, interesting.  In my mid-cabin, when I open that door with the mirror I have a big open storage area.  I call that "the basement" as it's deep and roomy.  I'm guessing the access process is similar for my old girl.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    wm, no, not yet.  I am still discussing options with my boat repair guy.  Maybe Black Diamond would jump in here.  He replaced his a few years back.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    DanD2 said:

I watched your video Dan, interesting.  In my mid-cabin, when I open that door with the mirror I have a big open storage area.  I call that "the basement" as it's deep and roomy.  I'm guessing the access process is similar for my old girl.  

Yeah it should be the same or at least VERY close, I believe the only difference in mine is that it came with a grey water tank. Having "the basement" is actually helpful in that you can put viewing panels to see your water and waste tank levels should the gages go bad.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Hisham - here is what I did in "the basement" (I love that!) so that I could see my tanks level:

https://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/5826/342-waste-water-tank-view#latest

• Options
    Great idea Liberty.  I just put one of those panels in a closet to access the plumbing.  Never thought about using it for the tanks.   Think I just got a winter project.  :)

• Options
    Did you remove the walls to do the cutting for those access panels or cut in place?  Just curious how much space there is between the wall and the tank.

• Options
    I did remove the walls, they are held in by 8 or so phillips head screws so they were pretty easy to take out and take home to cut and install the access panels. I had at least 3" and probably 5 or 6" between the wall and the tanks so you could cut them in place but getting back in there to cut and screw in panels would be more work than just removing the walls. Just curious - which closet did you have to cut in to to get to the plumbing? I assumed all of the plumbing went up the port side. I may have to run a new coax TV cable this winter and was assuming I could pull drawers on the starboard side to help fish it through. Didnt think about cutting in to the closet.

• Options
    I did remove the walls, they are held in by 8 or so phillips head screws so they were pretty easy to take out and take home to cut and install the access panels. I had at least 3" and probably 5 or 6" between the wall and the tanks so you could cut them in place but getting back in there to cut and screw in panels would be more work than just removing the walls. Just curious - which closet did you have to cut in to to get to the plumbing? I assumed all of the plumbing went up the port side. I may have to run a new coax TV cable this winter and was assuming I could pull drawers on the starboard side to help fish it through. Didnt think about cutting in to the closet.
    LOL sorry I meant in the house.  

I re-ran the TV coax when I moved the TV to a spot over the mid-berth.  I also ran an HDMI cable from a blu-ray mounted in the old CD changer location.  I ended up running it under the windows, tucked in close to the outside of the ledge, below the curtains.  I had to snake some wires from the cockpit into the cabin.  I was able to peek from the opening for the window above the dinette, toward the aft, back and saw an opening.  I took off the sub-woofer in the cockpit which lit up the area.  it was easy the fish a wire through the opening there.

• Options
    Thanks. Ive been thinking about ways to run tv wires. Right now I have just the standard 342 tv location on the Stbd bow. Would like to add a tv location to the cockpit over the trash/sink at the very least and ideally I'd run the coax antenna from the bow tv location to the rear to use the antenna. 

• Options
    DanD2 said:

Thank U very much DanD2 , your two links helped me a lot , obviously that U R an expert boater generaly and specially in using this site , I am nearly lost in this site , I don't know how to use its tools properly , ie: what is the difference between a question and a discusion and when should I use any of them and where to place each , and if I like to comment on something should it be on my profile or the profile of the member concerned , and so many steps that am not sure what is the right way to do it .. for example am not quite sure if I am writing this message or comment in the right place or not and wether it will reach @DanD2 or not .. really I am SOO confused !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did fine HK
  • Options
    You did fine HK
    Still I feel I am lost in space .. LoL
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if MT can do this forum you will become an expert
  • Options
    randy56 said:
    @HishamKinani, I had all the same questions when joining this forum. I wish there was a chapter on how to use it, but have it figured out now. We have 3 moderators.  So if you get out of line they will have you arrested. LOL Just keep doing what your doing you figure it out.
    @randy56, Its very difficult for me when I see the red mark showing the number of messages or comments (I don't know if its a message or comment) which I received , to go directly to read it , for example if the number indicate 9 messages/comments , I can find only 2 or 3 of them and  can't locate the others !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm not sure about that. I looked at your profile, didn't see anything. And strange my commit did not show up here but you received it. I posted it after Handy????  @raybo3 may help with instructions, if he gets off the train.
    the red markings? are they right under your user name a picture of a globe ? click on that globe. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    I'm not sure about that. I looked at your profile, didn't see anything. And strange my commit did not show up here but you received it. I posted it after Handy????  @raybo3 may help with instructions, if he gets off the train.
    the red markings? are they right under your user name a picture of a globe ? click on that globe. 
    Thats what I do exactly , click on the globe , I receive a list of members answered to me , for example " randy56 answered HishamKinani " thats exactly where I am lost and don't know what is the proper action to see all the answers/comments and then respond to it in a way that it could be seen by the member who answered me and at the same time other members could see it and benefit from it !! Sometimes I click my name and search for your answer in my profile, other times I click your name and search your comments , eventually doing any of the two actions I can find your answer , but then I lose track of all the other answers I received !!!!!!!!!!!
    And again should I reply here as am doing now or should I reply in comment in my profile or yours !!!!!!!! I am very sorry for inconvenience I am causing you but I am lost in the site ...
  • Options
    Well if MT can do this forum you will become an expert
    @Handymans342  .. hhhhhhhhhhhh .. Obviously that you think highly about MT .. LoL
  • Options
    The way I see it the globe is just notify's you some one answered or mentioned your name. The answer is here on a thread. Here is where you find it. and all the answers.
    Yes reply here unless it is a personal message. (PM) I will sent you one, for a test.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    randy56 said:
    Thats what I do exactly , click on the globe , I receive a list of members answered to me , for example " randy56 answered HishamKinani " thats exactly where I am lost and don't know what is the proper action to see all the answers/comments and then respond to it in a way that it could be seen by the member who answered me and at the same time other members could see it and benefit from it !! Sometimes I click my name and search for your answer in my profile, other times I click your name and search your comments , eventually doing any of the two actions I can find your answer , but then I lose track of all the other answers I received !!!!!!!!!!!
    And again should I reply here as am doing now or should I reply in comment in my profile or yours !!!!!!!! I am very sorry for inconvenience I am causing you but I am lost in the site ...
    Let me see if I can help. Clicking on the globe will give you any post that you posted on. Clicking on the envelope will allow you to send or receive Personal Messages. Clicking on the star will allow you to retrieve any book marked posts that you booked marked. Hope this helps....   
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com