Next problem - wet carpet downstairs.

13»

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    This is not the mid ship berth but the floor? You have sealed the windows so would have to be something else attached to the hull....leaks are tuff...may just have to start pulling the ceiling down and all around to find the water trail...the wood on the back of the ceiling material would for sure show a path if it is coming from up high...
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I have to say this problem is really making me regret buying a rinker. 

Rinker should be ashamed of itself for having such a systematic problem like this and not giving any kind of assistance to us 270 owners who have to deal with this ****. 

This is clearly a defect in the boat. I have many friends with boats from competitor boat brands in this size range that do NOT have leaking problems from top side areas. Yet all of these 270 owners here have the same issue. 

Post edited by J3ff on
    Alright - after some time to cool off I took another stab at this today. It does help that it hasn't rained here in 2 or so weeks. 

Started with the port windshield screws - just so happens that the closest one to the center of the boat was rotten, meaning it was loose and it came right out by pulling it out with some pliers. Not even a little grip. Filled it up with 4200 and put a slightly bigger screw in. The others all felt normal coming out and going back in, but re-sealed them also. 

Then attacked the rub rail screws. Found evidence that it had be resealed since factory (Which makes sense since it was painted).. Found 3 or 4 screws that were suspect with 2 of them being highly suspect (wet screw holes, water came out when I tightened them down. Removed all of them 2 at a time sealing w/ 4200 the whole way down. Then ran a small bead of silicon down the entire top side of the rub rail where it connects with the boat. Hopefully this is the end of this. The ONLY thing left is the bow rail screws.. I did put some silicone around them, but did not want to mess w/ them because of the fact that there are bolts on the other side of the screw. Will update if it's still a problem. 
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you cooled off. Things work better when your is temp down. I believe the windshield is the problem that's a lot of wieght bouncing around in the waves. Good luck have a good Turkey day.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Great to hear.  I'm sure things will work ok, just keep bouncing off us.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Leaks are tuff... Still chasing one too.
    This problem is solved. We had two inches of rain in the last 48 hours. Carpet is bone dry. 

So if anyone in the future sees this. Just take 6 hours and remove and fill every screw hole with sealant before touching the windows. If it still leaks, then do the windows
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear. Congrats!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff did you just post a positive thing on that boat. It going to be a good year, 2020 here we come.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    edited December 2019
    @J3ff did you just post a positive thing on that boat. It going to be a good year, 2020 here we come.
    Crazy right? Even with all the negatives, I still love this boat. It is really nice to be able to see days of rain hitting and the boat the carpet is dry. It feels like a turning point. Even though the 5 to 10k invoice is still forthcoming. At least the thing isn't leaking from the top deck right now. Can finally sleep soundly. 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next issue will be mold
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Next issue will be mold
    @Handymans342 your such a frigging kill joy.............bahahahahahahaha
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    raybo3 said:
    Next issue will be mold
    and that's why we love him- right? :)

One thing I always did was dry everything out as soon as it got wet... with two air dryers, hoping that it's not too bad behind the lining. We'll see 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    raybo3 said:
    Next issue will be mold
    and that's why we love him- right? :)

One thing I always did was dry everything out as soon as it got wet... with two air dryers, hoping that it's not too bad behind the lining. We'll see 
    Good thing you did that