Options

Distribution Panel switch Head Recpt

Trying to understand switches on the main distribution panel. What is the function of the Head Recpt switch?  Also does the fridge in the cockpit of a Fv 342 run off the 12v or 110v system?  

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    It is a little funny that ALL the outlets except the head outlet are on 1 breaker.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    helgahelga Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for all your comments.  Cockpit fridge may have refrigerant problems. Still not sure of Head Recpt - is it simply controlling power.  Electric toilet works when pumps switched on.  Have not switched Head Recpt on and doesn't seem to affect anything....  Any documents that describe each switch function on the distribution panel will be helpful.  Boat's had lots of mechanical work now looking at systems and owner manual is not informative in this area.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Stodge I've thought the same thing about all but head on one line. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    helgahelga Member Posts: 10
    Many thanks all of you.  the replys have helped.   Downunder is 240v but we've kept the boat on 110v for most systems with a transformer for 240v shore power and appliances when needed. Have found that the cockpit fridge operates on 12v not both.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,458 admin
    edited October 2016
    She only has 220 volt appliances down under Ray
    I would have thought that Rinker would have made provisions for 220vac like a isolation transformer to step the voltage down. I would think that prewiring a boat and adding 220vac appliances would be very expensive and not practical. Plus I would also assume that "Downunder" would be 50HZ instead of 60HZ which poses more problems on some things ie: electric motors and compressors and more.......... Just say'n......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Plus US is 60 hertz and Aussie is 50 hertz if I remember from my visit there
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,458 admin
    Plus US is 60 hertz and Aussie is 50 hertz if I remember from my visit there
    I just freaking said that................LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Raybo3 LOL everyone else repeats what I say like my words are invisible. 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if your fridge is not set up for 110 or just unplugged.  My cockpit fridge only accepts 12v but there is an outlet (labeled fridge) for it.  The galley fridge does both.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX