Options

Next Tuesday

13»

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a little mixed on this one. I don't think our country has been more racially divided in a very long time and this election is certainly proof of that. He did not cause that but he sure worked it. Perhaps, the best way to resolve a problem is to bring it more to light so it can be resolved. Mr. Trump has some pretty big promises out there hanging from Affordable Health, putting Hillary in jail, banning Muslims from travel, deporting what 11 million people....the things he ran his campaign on that got his supporters to the poles. If he does not deliver on those promises I'm afraid we may not see him around for very long. The house and senate changed very little- the  same congressmen and women that tried to distance themselves from him are still there so I don't think he will have the cake walk to produce as one might think. It will be interesting. I did not vote for him and I'm a republican, but as an American, he is now my president too and I will support our government or work for change the next election. I sure don't approve of the demonstrations happening but it's their right to do so and I support their rights to do that. I hope he will get better support from the other side than Barack received. I hope he will listen to others (like those generals that know less about ISS than he does) and his temperament will change a little at least. I'm sure when the full presidency gets put on his shoulders we will see a little different Mr. Trump and for all of us here and around the world we owe him our support. I wish I had more respect for him as a person and I hope that will change in the coming years. I have a lot of hopes. I really hope the weather is nice for Thanksgiving and I can take that week off and do some boating! Maybe Donald will join me and we can work it out on the river. Having a first lady that you can find nude pictures of is not really a plus to me.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will install yard signs on bow railings next just sayin. LOL
  • Options
    Another thing to remember is that the USA has been governed by the minority the last 8 years and their agenda was shoved down our throats. So I think it was a normal swing to the right as usually what happens. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Again I hat the fact we are talking politics on this forum. HATE IT!!!!!!!!! but I also dont want to censor it either. Now with that said. IMHO I am a blue collar worker who basically lives pay check to pay check and what I think is best for labor and middle to lower class is the Democratic party. I hate corporate greed. The rich get richer and the middle and lower class pay for everything. I was not a big fan of Hilliery but I felt it was best for me and the middle class workers. Trump made some promises that everyone knows he cant keep. Give me a break, he is building a wall? Really? He is deporting 11 million people? Really? You want to know what is sad about that? The amount of people that bought into that crap. Do you really think he is going to do that? Give me a break. I love my country and I hope this cartoon character buffoon does not destroy it.......... Just say'n....... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Ray, the democrat party hasn't done anything for the middle class for 30 plus years hence the complete annihilation of the party. The wall begins construction in March. Look at Detroit, San Fran, Baltimore, etc. He cant deport 11 million people but he will deport the illegals they can find. Everyone deserves a chance to succeed. Come on Man!!
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not pay check to pay check,it's pay check to Rinker.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
  • Options
    The dem party is due for a major overhall of leadership. They seem to have grown to the point they no longer represent the working class...not that your going to pull someone off the assembly line and make them president. There is no question that the rep party does not represent the woring class, the middle and lower income will continue to be pushed further down. It's sad.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    edited November 2016
    x
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    LaRea,  you agreed with Obama 99.9%?  I doubt that
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    x
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    LaRea, you picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hip  hip  LaRea
    Hip  hip  LaRea
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    IMO that 0.01 could be deadly for alot of blue collar workers. Again I HATE talking about this. Typically Republicans are mostly out sourcing and big business while the Dem's are a little bit more for labor. Now having said that I will NOT debate this but those are the facts. I am fighting privatizing by a republican governor right now....... Nuff said.......  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Trump is all for labor
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Trump is all for labor
    Yeah right............. Did you see he want's that ****/bag Scott Brown on his cabinet?? Give me a break......
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    Get ready to leave Ray. LOL
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    IMO that 0.01 could be deadly for alot of blue collar workers. Again I HATE talking about this. Typically Republicans are mostly out sourcing and big business while the Dem's are a little bit more for labor. Now having said that I will NOT debate this but those are the facts. I am fighting privatizing by a republican governor right now....... Nuff said.......  
    I hear ya, about talking about it... but... let us, if nobody else participates, not respect each others positions.  

I respect yours.  however, i find a fault in it.  the dem's SAY things and then do the opposite.  if there was any integrity, the choice would be harder.  integrity isn't something owned in whole by the right, either. 
  • Options
    If both partys told the truth then there would be no politics at all........ You have to know how to lie to be a politician. 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Trump is for labor, cheap labor! I say lets see where we are in two years, will be interesting to hear both what the folks that voted for him think as well as those that didn't. The difference between what the Republicans stand for and the Democrats stand for our pretty obvious - to think that the Republicans have any interest in the well being of the lower and middle class in this country is just naive. I will be back to this thread in two years and bring it back to life and we can all revisit our decisions of 2016. Can't believe Romney and cruise are up their kissing major trump a$$- at least stand for your convictions!
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    To say that ALL Americans agree with 99.9% of what Obama says, it is absolutely laughable with that very generalized list.  It is basically like saying, 99.9% of ALL Americans believe in breathing oxygen to survive lol. 
    I really don't think actors have any more to say, that any other American does that matters......but.......Tom Hanks was very wise to say this: 

Tom Hanks: I hope Trump does so well that ‘I vote for his re-election’

He doesn't like Trump, but he has accepted the fact that he won the election, and has honestly opened up for favorable things to happen.  We ALL should have such an accepting attitude. Love him, or hate him, Trump is our commander in chief for 4 years.  My first choice was Ted Cruz, but I have realized, he probably would have had zero chance of beating Hillary. The really, REALLY bad direction that our country has been headed in, is WAY overdue for an overhaul, and that is why he got in.  It's time for real change, not just "hope & change"  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    This pretty much sums up what the true nature of politics is all about (a quote from Thomas Sowell):
     "No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems — of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind."
    America just elected its first non-politician to the highest office of the land - maybe, just maybe, things will change.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    x
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm new around here, but.......there's plenty of threads that I see a title of, that don't interest me, and I just keep browsing without it affecting me  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Another famous quote, by Winston Churchill, "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others."