Options

Outdrive leak

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    dwolf said:
     One thing I forgot is To ask how I get the transducer out so I can seal it because the oil from the  outDrive started leaking through the transducer out onto the concrete.my question is how does this come out and what would be good to seal it with I could reach down there and turn it and I thought it was snuggling up that it didn't stop the leaking it never leaked before until I got home and I had some guys cleaning on it and I guess they bumped it or something and cause it to start leaking

@dwolf  I've never installed a thru hull transducer like that, but what I would do, is just go on a manafacturers website, and look up how to install one, and that will tell  you exactly in reverse on what to do.  Or.....maybe someone will come along here, that knows a direct answer  B)

2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
     I'm not sure what brand of depth finder I have it's a little round one with a couple buttons on it so I can tell you I don't recall that even have a name on it 
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Most likely Faria
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely Lowrance.  But the install should be the same for any of the thru-hull transducers.  If ya figure out how to install it, you can figure out how to fix it. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 03 342 and it is Lowrance.  Mounted next to SB engine.  I am interested in what you find out as i am thinking of ripping mine out and putting in a new transponder for a fishfinder.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I guess I thought all the factory gauges were Faria. My boat's a 2007 and has all Faria, including the erratic tachometer, the speedometer that doesn't work, and depth gauge with through hull transducer that tends to go kind of nuts when in water deeper than 100ft.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 100' I guess it does not matter? When going 25 mine wigs out, but considering it must have to work on a return signal, surprised it works at all!
  • Options
    dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
     So how does this transducer tighten up when is put through the hull?  Mine is loose and I don't know how it got loose because it's never been loose before but all the sudden the oil that was in my bilge from the transom lake leaked out in the floor of my garage it's never done that before I can reach down and the engine and turn the transducer around and around it doesn't seem to get any tighter or any looser ,what do I need to do I think possibly bring the detail shop was detailing the bomb the boat they knocked it loose from the outside I guess I'm not sure because I don't know how it goes together