Options

What's wrong with the STBD ram ?

2»

Answers

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    LaRea said:
    Oh, I forgot - the sleeve at the end of the shaft is actually welded at a slight angle.  Yours is on backwards.  If you pull it off and rotate it 180 degrees like @reneechris14 suggested, it should line up perfectly.  

On the corrosion, you have a serious problem that you should correct immediately.  Part of the problem is the hull paint.  Get some sandpaper and make a 2" gap of unpainted hull around the outdrive.  There should not be any electrical contact between the bottom paint and the outdrive.  

But I don't think that would be enough by itself to cause so much corrosion in two months.  You must have the wrong type of anodes.  How salty is the water in your marina?  
    Thanks for the tip, you were right, was installed backwards... can't believe the person who replaced my engine made that mistake...makes me worried about the rest of it.. all fixed!

• Options
    Battery has to be on.
    I suppose that's an argument about leaving the battery switch on... I was always turning mine off, guess on it is for this season! 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff thanks feeling pretty good right now  :)
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Just fyi I think I may have figured out why those zincs are so chewed up... Apparently the cone zinc on the propeller fell off........and then the other two flat ones that are right above the prop also were gone..  wtf?  

The ones on the ram and the one at the front of the out drive were the only zincs left... I know they were ALL on there when the boat went back in the water in Sept... something else I'll have to keep track of and try to figure out..