Options

Autopilot installation on 370

2»

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    @YYZRC -- Interesting!  Mine came loose a couple times right after the installation, but not since then.  I'll keep your solution in mind if it happens again.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pic of the new bolt installed. I added a couple nylon washers as the bolt was a hair long. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Question I haven't removed the quick clamp like the one on your water hose is there any tricks? does the metal clip pull all the way out? unsure of how it works?
  • Options
    The clip pulls out about 1/2” or you can fully remove it. Then the joint just pulls apart. 
  • Options
    Thanks so just pull out on loop 1/2" then locking grove should disengage and hose should separate.
  • Options
    Exactly!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought I had a pic with the clip still on the fitting, here’s one where I removed it.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Thanks exactly what I'm looking for!
  • Options
    I ditched the Octopus rudder sensor (didn’t work) for a Simrad unit. Got a bit creative with the install. 

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Almost two years to the day and I finally have working autopilot! I fought with the ram for over a year until I finally got aggressive and bolted it right to the steering ram (clamp mount wouldn’t hold). Then I fought with the Octopus rudder sensor and finally gave up on it and installed a Simrad rudder sensor. Then I fought with the Precision 9 compass that just wouldn’t calibrate. 

Was it worth the time and expense? Nope. If I could return it all and get my money back I would do so in a heartbeat! 

Am I going to use it every single time I boat in a desperate attempt to get my time and money’s worth out of it? Definitely. 

Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Wow, I don't know whether to click "Like" or "LOL" ... life shouldn't be that difficult!  When you get used to it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.  But I'm sorry it put up such a fight.  

The Octopus rudder sensor didn't work with my AP either.  I liked the idea of not having a separate sensor, but it was a waste of money.  
  • Options
    If you don’t have something nice to say…

…LOL it is. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is nice to have. We just did a big trip and whether it was long flat water, or sloppy chop for 30 miles, was nice to set the pilot and watch water and instruments
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)