Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will follow so I can copy you guys
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The color is Seafoam and I bought it off eBay from Taco Marine Lumber. The piece I bought was 12"x27"x1/2" thick and cost $37.72 shipped. 
    I used Lumitec Mirage (white dimming / blue dimming) and they are simply amazing... bright enough to blind you, yet dimmable to a soft glow. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! My boat is the typical Rinker Biege/off white, not white, is yours also the biege? What did you use to cut? I have a friend who will route it for me
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yes, my boat is the off-white as well. I used regular woodworking tools- jigsaw and tablesaw to cut to shape, router w/round over bit to round off the edges. If you have the original covers you can use a flush-trim router bit. Cut a new piece of starboard close to the original shape and screw the original to it using the existing 4 holes. Run it through the router with the bearing of the flush-trim bit riding on the original.... exact same shape.
    Here is the router bit I am talking about... I am using the plywood on top as my "original" step... the bottom wood is cherry which will be my new steps. (I know that we're talking about the arch covers, but it isn't the same concept of what I'm doing with the steps)
    Post edited by diggin2day1 on
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the info diggin! Just ordered enough seafoam colored starboard to make 4 plates. Will post updates. I love that routing bit to match the size but my plan is to make them around 1/8" larger to ensure uncover some blemishes left by the PO caulking the old plates in. I'm thinking screws and a slow and steady jigsaw to get the shape and then indeed a table router for the nice rounded edge. Thanks again, was very helpful to get the color from you. 

• Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Just to follow up.  Got it all in and screwed.  I framed the opening with teak on the back side so I had something to bite into.  The only thing left is to put some type of screw covers on the Phillips head screws.  I wish it was constructed without all those screws. I also fabed some arch plate covers.  Not sure if I'm going to install lighting in them, still deciding.  Just ordered the corian to place over the top of the sink and trash can. That should be an interesting mod....
    Post edited by Trashman on
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,566 mod
    Looks great Trashman!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited March 2017

Finally got the arch plates and led lights all done. Happy with how it came out. Used seafoam color starboard as diggin did and it matches nicely. This is 1/4" and I used a dremel routing table attachment to round the edges. I decided to do all 3 plates with lights rather than just 2 as it was before. Does not seem to be too much light, and we wanted more light, but if it is too much light I have another blank plate made that I can swap out so that it is the same as before. Also may put a switch on the middle plate to be able to turn that light out but we will see on all of that when we are in the dock at night in May. Hopefully it's good as is. I like finishing washers so I did that rather than counter sink, personal preference on that. 

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pro man, I put 2 blue ones in there, but they seem to attract bugs bad in summer.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Looks great.  I'll have to tackle this project next winter.  Too many others going on now.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jpsayers we need to do this with the lights in your arch.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,566 mod
    Looks great @liberty44140 !  Got a lot done on that list!  Now it's time for the weather to get nice!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express