Options

Any try/hear about the DTV100 ant.?

http://www.digitalyachtamerica.com/index.php/en/products/entertainment/product/110-dtv100-marine-hd-tv-fm-antenna

Looking to replace my ant. only 2 stations, and no FM on the one I have......any one hear anything about these?

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but research the reviews. If you buy it let us know your results. 
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    No, but research the reviews. If you buy it let us know your results. 
    Can't seem to find many reviews......but its quite new also by the looks of it.
  • Options
    Well I'm gonna try it....I'll post how it works
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the site and it looks like it should work. I haven't had any problems with the OEM Shakespeare antenna. I get about 25 digital channels with it, some being HD and others being the subband SD channels.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I looked at the site and it looks like it should work. I haven't had any problems with the OEM Shakespeare antenna. I get about 25 digital channels with it, some being HD and others being the subband SD channels.

Thanks.....its on the way
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Definitely would love to know how this works if you do purchase because my current one sucks. I can't get even one channel out of it. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭
    Would also love to hear how it works.  I bought a new one and it wasn't any better than the old one.  I get two stations and that is it. I actually get a stronger signal when I turn off the amp.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Would also love to hear how it works.  I bought a new one and it wasn't any better than the old one.  I get two stations and that is it. I actually get a stronger signal when I turn off the amp.

Wow!  You should be getting over 20 in Annapolis!  I'd say you have to clean up some cables and look at other connections.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I agree with DI that connections need cleaned/changed. The screw on connections that Rinker uses aren't the best around. The amp might be turned up too much. Overdrive will prevent the TV from working well, just like a major lack of signal.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    It's on the way......I'm. Also swapping out all the old cable.....big thing I wanted also was fm hookup which I don't have now
  • Options
    Showed up today.....has a look and feel of quality to it, much more than the Shakespeare I have.....hope it works better!
  • Options
  • Options

Will do......unfortunately not soon :-(

• Options
    I just installed the Shakespeare last year but I dont have a TV LOL
  • Options
    Well decided to simply run a whole new cable from the antenna to the TV.  The old one had been spliced near the aft icemaker and was original.  So I put in a new cable and crimped on fittings.  No improvement at all.  Still getting 4 channels.  Not a huge deal but I get tired of public tv cooking shows.
  • Options
    @BellevilleMXZ any update on the antenna install?
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davidbrooks I am about to run a cable from my arch to the tv up front on the 342. How did you rout the cable? Looks like you need to drill from behind the sub woofer in to the closet, then from the closet run it along the upper shelf where the port windows are and in to the tv area. Is there a better way?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Be another month here ......ice just went out :(
  • Options
    @Liberty44140 I dropped it down the arch and then pulled out the starboard wall around the bed.  This exposed the top of the fuel tank.  I was able to then see all the way back to the wire, grab it and then fish it up behind the cabinet with a fish tape.  Once I got it back behind the cabinet (where the vacuum is) I was able to run it behind the shelf like you mentioned.  It is a lot easier with a second set of hands.  I was wishing I had someone to help when I did mine.  @BellevilleMXZ at the risk of sounding like some of our FL brethren... it is gonna be 80 here in MD on Sunday.  I am thinking this is another floating Easter.

• Options
    Did you use the amplifier?
  • Options
    I have the amp but it actually reduces the signal strength when I turn it on according to the TV signal meter. so I haven't been using it.
  • Options
    Thanks @davidbrooks sounds like you took a part part of the aft cabin if you could see the fuel tanks. I'm thinking it may be easier to run through the closet :) You mentioned you get less channels with the amp on, I'm wondering if your cables at the amp and splitter by the amp are not right. They are goofy and I had to stare at them for 10 minutes to figure out how they go. Maybe someone un did and re did them and thats why it is not functional? 

• Options
    I will look at it again but I am pretty sure it is right.  I hadn't thought about that.  It actually isn't too hard to fish it behind the cabinet.  you just have to use a fishtape from the front and pull the wire forward.
  • Options
    Any chance wire can be easily fished from behind the sub woofer to behind the cabinet and out in to the upper shelf area? Am I right that you had to take apart some of the aft cabin area?

• Options
    Yes I had to take apart the aft cabin area but it was only a couple of screws.  As far as going behind the cabinet to the subwoofer?  Not that I had the patience for.  I wouldn't worry about the aft cabin area.  it is easier than it sounds.
  • Options
      @BellevilleMXZ at the risk of sounding like some of our FL brethren... it is gonna be 80 here in MD on Sunday.  I am thinking this is another floating Easter.

Well honestly could prob go in, in two weeks, but I wont be ready:(
  • Options
    So i messed around a little more today.  Wires were correct but the secret for me was turning the amp all the way up.  I went out to https://www.antennaweb.org/.  It said i had 38 channels withing 30 miles.  After turning the amp all the way up and re-scanning i was able to pick up 24.  Curiously though no old fashion analog channels.  Only digital.  It only takes turning the amp down a little and i lose all but 2.
  • Options
    UPDATE: Well.....I still get 2 channels.....lol.....BUT, they are clear and don't cut out now, and one is TVO kids, so great  for the young lad.FM radio reception is way better then the crap ribbon ant. Rinker put in it OE. And it does look better then the huge UFO that was on it, and I'm all about the looks ;) , so Im happy. Wire goes down through pole too, so a cleaner look.
  • Options
    So i messed around a little more today.  Wires were correct but the secret for me was turning the amp all the way up.  I went out to https://www.antennaweb.org/.  It said i had 38 channels withing 30 miles.  After turning the amp all the way up and re-scanning i was able to pick up 24.  Curiously though no old fashion analog channels.  Only digital.  It only takes turning the amp down a little and i lose all but 2.
    FYI, there aren't anymore analog channels in the US. They went away about 7 years ago when the digital conversion happened. You will only get High Definition and Standard Definition channels, all of which are digital.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    FYI, there aren't anymore analog channels in the US. They went away about 7 years ago when the digital conversion happened. You will only get High Definition and Standard Definition channels, all of which are digital.

How can a guy find out whats local? I'm in Canada and not having any luck finding a list anywhere.