Options

Snow Storm

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ray, and you never have a problem with LOL
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Hey Ray, Halifax is pretty much shut down this morning.You know its a big one when it is storming in Boston and Halifax at the same time. We will be lucky if we can open our shop Tuesday morning. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Handy see the difference between me and you is I copy and paste so I don't have to worry about spelling......LMFAO....... Halifax I live near Revere Beach and we got a little bit of rain before the snow. Everything turned t ice and is covered with about 5". Very slippery! the rest of Boston got about another 9 to 10". Its a mess...... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    well, I got my seawater pump changed out to the hardin and changed the impeller in the other one!  Now I just need to make sure the boat is on track for the transom stuff so I can put her in the water in a few weeks!  The daytime sun is getting longer and it's definitely getting warmer!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Thanks for rubbing it in DI....LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    well, I got my seawater pump changed out to the hardin and changed the impeller in the other one!  Now I just need to make sure the boat is on track for the transom stuff so I can put her in the water in a few weeks!  The daytime sun is getting longer and it's definitely getting warmer!
    So what was the impeller condition? How many hours?
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    So what was the impeller condition? How many hours?

One was definitely molded down real tight, probably just from sitting over the winter.  But, when you tried to straighten the vanes out, you could see it's dried up a bit and just getting ready to crack.  Other one was a little better.  I had two years on them and probably 120 hrs.

• Options
    Well I will be changing mine this weekend. 4 seasons. Yanmar says every 250 hours. Same for oil. We shall see
  • Options
    Handy 4 seasons for an impeller seems like a long time. I do mine every other year.
  • Options
    How was storm #2?
  • Options
    Not as bad as the first one. Had a little rain then snow but the rain made everything very icy. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like round 3 is on it's way.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Not supposed to be a big deal in Boston but who knows......LOL

• Options
    Round 3 soon RLMAO
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking at 12-30 where I live, supposed to fly out Wed morning at 8am, heading to Key Largo... we'll see if that happens! 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you fill up some buckets snow and drop it off and handy's house tell him its from raybo
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    you fill up some buckets snow and drop it off and handy's house tell him its from raybo
    The snow wont make it just like J3ff wont make the Keys
  • Options
    12 to 20" is on its way........ Only 8* this morning. I will fill up buckets and send it to Handy but it might not be snow........LOL J3ff where are you from???
  • Options
    I'll pack a cooler full of snow and dry ice and drop it off!   Leaving out of White Plains ny around 845am..  We'll see what happens, not in a rush to get to FL, everyone loves a blizzard!! 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    Just had to gas up the snow blower. Dammit.  Mother nature is being aweful bipolar.  Doesn't she know I have to stuff to do before I am back in my slip March 24?
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Just had to gas up the snow blower. Dammit.  Mother nature is being aweful bipolar.  Doesn't she know I have to stuff to do before I am back in my slip March 24?
    Boy, just a couple hours ago I gassed up the snow blower too.  I was cussing as I pulled out from the back of the garage after putting it away a couple weeks ago!  Boat should be out of the shop mid week or end of week at the latest.  I'm just happy it's in the shop!

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bit of a sunburn from the pool yesterday....
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Calling for 24+ in my area. Heading to the boat tomorrow to finish my templates for marinemat. Crazy to think ill be in my slip in a month. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you guy's on the east coast are going to get Stella!
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some folk like snow you know!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Was at the marina today bracing up my cover with some 2x4s. 18 to 24 inches expected here on Long Island. 

• Options
    I think we may be lucky in my immediate area.  Only 3-6 inches they think.  10 -20 miles north is 6-12 inches and about the same north of that is 12-18.  Boating time on Friday! :)

• Options
    Jetblue still hasn't offered any free transfer of tickets for my flight... sigh. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are going to be lucky in Pittsburgh as well. They are calling for 3-6 inches.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    I have a bit of a sunburn from the pool yesterday....

@rasburyyou are in store for a snow wedgie if we ever meet in person... or at least a round of shots.

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!