2»

Comments

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I "glued" mine on with 4200, and around edges....cant see seam that way

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, not worried about that much, more about how the door is sticking out.. and not really matching up
  • Options

Ya.....mine doesn't do that.....Contact them about it?

• Options
    I sent a few pictures, just asking how I can fix the problem.. 
  • Options
    They seemed very good to deal with....sent me wrong door first time, and were very quick to send out right one.
  • Options
    marooon35marooon35 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Can you tell us the order number and where you got it from. I want to do this to my 2000 270 FV and get rid of the cooler..
  • Options
    Well they never responded to me, so I'm just dealing with it. Prob wouldn't go this route again. 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing  mine opens from the bottom also a piece of starboard on the counter above and moved the trash to the bottom and mounted it to the door I made a mistake and didn’t order the sea foam color it defaults to white /white if you don’t select the color .when I cut the starboard for the counter I wasn’t happy how white / white it was so I glued a chart of Jamaica bay to it and used some epoxy to seal it I added a chain to the door so it only opens so far .i can also take the chain off to open it up for the storage behind it 
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    I did the same thing  mine opens from the bottom also a piece of starboard on the counter above and moved the trash to the bottom and mounted it to the door I made a mistake and didn’t order the sea foam color it defaults to white /white if you don’t select the color .when I cut the starboard for the counter I wasn’t happy how white / white it was so I glued a chart of Jamaica bay to it and used some epoxy to seal it I added a chain to the door so it only opens so far .i can also take the chain off to open it up for the storage behind it 
    GM,

Is that outlet USB powered by the AC or is it wired to battery? Also what is the controls in the black bezel?
  • Options
    The usb outlet is was wired to AC shore power I discounted it and now its the only plug on the boat that is hooked up to a power inverter   The black box is a fuel detector .best upgrade I made so far I think I paid 75 or 100 for it 
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    I didn't even think of a power inverter. I think it would be cool to have USB plugs back there for cell phone charging while out and about. I don't have a genny on board so the AC power does me no good while out...I do plan to get a portable genny for weekend trips. I might just add the USB outlet next to my plug and hard wire to the battery.
  • Options
    Yes the PO gave the power inverter when I bought the boat but he never installed it so I mounted it in the engine compartment, with a remote switch under the helm seat  .Well just my luck I was reading a article on line they were saying its not the best placer them because of the heat  , I had one on my last boat there and never had a problem,Ill see how it works there  
  • Options
    I'd be careful of anything like that in the engine bay... It looks Marine rated though...
  • Options
    I think the power wires are long enough to move it up under the cooler cut out I might do that .Like I said I had one on my chris craft but the only time I used it was to run a vacuum or a blender