New canvas issue

gackgack Long Island, NYPosts: 296Member ✭✭✭
Just received my new canvas from TJ but have one small problem. 
hope he can correct it.

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 4,235Member ✭✭✭✭
    What's the problem? The symbol?
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Ontario,CanadaPosts: 730Member ✭✭✭
    GREAT guy to deal with, can't say enough, I'm sure he will fix you up....Looks like a newer and older ?
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • gackgack Long Island, NYPosts: 296Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah,  2 different logos.  I sent TJ an email,  I'm sure he'll take care of it. BTW, Anyone have advice on installing the snaps?  I figure I would start at the windshield center and work my way back. 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,751Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yep, get the front connector zipped in and then mark the snap spot with a marker. start in middle. I did 3 or 4 at a time but no more. You need a snap install die and punch. They are cheap. Easy to use soldering iron to pinch hole 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

Thanks for the tip using soldering iron.   What diameter hole did you make? About 1/4 inch?
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,751Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, the "rod" for the snap is more like 1/16-1/8 and my soldering iron is that narrow. The width of a roofing nail is around the hole size.
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

Thanks Lib.  Just heard back from Tj.  He's going to get me a new bimini boot.