Have you put in Rod holders?

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭
Gents I am thinking about adding a few Rod holders to my FV 342.  Looking at ones that are inserts with covers.  Any one else add rod holders to yours?  If so which ones did you use and where did you install them?
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MarkB put them in his 260EC that he sold last summer. Not sure if he is still hanging around on here, but he could probably give you some advice.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mounted 2 flush ones with the cover and 2 on the bumper storage rail
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I'm here.

    Where are you fishing, for what and how? 

    There's options. I chose to go with a quick on/off system made by Scotty Rod Holders. They literally twist off. There are other manufactures that make similar rod holders. These rod holders are by far the most popular type on the great lakes, but that's because trolling is the preferred method of fishing. 

    In the first photo you'll see the rod holder base only. That's all that's left when I take them off. Easy to install and I felt easier to fix if ever someone wanted to remove them (4 small holes to fill and gelcoat). 




    Boat Name: King Kong

    "Boat + Water = Fun"

  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭
    @Handymans342 if you get a chance can you post a pic?  
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Handymans342 if you get a chance can you post a pic?  
    It will take him a week or two to post. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He posts smart alec comments within minutes...guess the photo complicates things? 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    He posts smart alec comments within minutes...guess the photo complicates things? 
    Especially when his boat is 50' from his back door!!! 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy guys, easy.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Handymans342.  I think you did exactly was I am planning on.  I already have the clamp on holders from my last boat.  It looks good.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys dont realize what I have to do to get on my boat. I have to finish my beer, get out of the pool,push a button to lower the lift, wait 5 min to lower and remove cover. 
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭
    :'(   So sorry I put you through all that.  I will think twice before I ask next time.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Handymans342 - This would solve the beer problem.


    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also going to put the rod holders in the back corners like there thanks for the pic.may do the rocket launcher thing too but not this year.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
Sign In or Register to comment.