2»

Comments

• Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    I did a swim platform mount, it works great even in heavy water
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a rail mount, kettle grill, but didn't like that location. In the boat port side, between front seat and back seat. The kettle got to hot, even on low, had to get a smaller orifice. Magma send me one free of charge. I just called them and complained about it being to hot. Once I had a small grease fire from hamburger's , containable, but if it got bad I would want a way to pitch the hole thing in the river. If I had it to do over it would be on the swim platform.  IMO
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the swim platform mount. If a fire starts on the grill, I can kick the grill off the boat.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dito on mine too...i don't want anything on fire on my boat!
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also did platform mount on 270 on side away from fuel vent. Doubles as an umbrella mount. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    pistolepistole Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    you guys comfortable with an open flame grill on a petrol boat ?
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel safe with the grill. And looks good at sun set 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone thought about a water mount for the grill? Where I boat we almost are always in calm waist deep water, so it would work ok I think. Thoughts?
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @JoeStang we have set up tables in Munchies Bay and put grills on them.  But the water has been too high the last few years.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pistole said:n
    Absolutely. Only on the swim platform though and away from the tank vent. Not a fan of rail mounts. The way mine is mounted it can be hiked overboard on a second. And I always sniff around before lighting her up.
    I feel safer using that than a propane stove top or heater in am enclosed camper trailer.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Willhound said:
    pistole said:n
    Absolutely. Only on the swim platform though and away from the tank vent. Not a fan of rail mounts. The way mine is mounted it can be hiked overboard on a second. And I always sniff around before lighting her up.
    I feel safer using that than a propane stove top or heater in am enclosed camper trailer.
    I have a gas tank vent on both sides of my swim platform........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    havent seen those mounts before, what are they?

They're actually Scotty Rod Holder bases, and they make a magma grill interface. Plug it in, one 90 degree turn, and she's locked in.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"