Options

Hey moderators -- too many announcements?

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh.... So I wasn't seeing things.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    I saved some time by not scrolling through all those stickies, but it has now been totally wiped out by the time I have spent reading and replying to this thread.  Raybo, no good deed goes unpunished.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @raybo3 @Dream_Inn Thanks for all you do for the forum. Realizing you spend a lot of unrewarded time on this. Thanks again. The information has helped boaters more than you will ever know. We even get some entertainment. From joke's, and puns. Hopefully some day when you guy's get ready to step down we can find another, with the same passion to help others as you guy's.  Thanks 

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Thanks Randy!  Every now and then I get to sneak in before Raybo and fix a couple things! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Thanks Randy I love the fact that this forum helps good people. One of these days I want to make it to the Rinker rendezvous and meet up with everyone......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Thanks Randy I love the fact that this forum helps good people. One of these days I want to make it to the Rinker rendezvous and meet up with everyone......

Still got the opportunity this year!....just sayin' :)

• Options
    I dont think I can do it this year I am thinking maybe next year.........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @raybo3 - Maybe time to prune back some of the announcements again?  We're back up to twelve ...
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Just go to the top of the home page and hit the Mark as viewed button and the announcements won’t show up if your logged in 
  • Options
    Huh.  I don't see "Mark as viewed," but I do see a gear icon that I can click and then click "dismiss" to hide the announcements.  Never noticed it before.  Thanks.
  • Options
    Yep, the dismiss button works nicely! :)

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    What does the dismiss button do? I see that it removes it from the top of the page, but what if someone adds a comment... does the post reappear to the top like a normal post?
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks gang! The dismiss button works great. I now save a half a second scrolling down to new posts. With the number of times a day I check the forum I'll save so much time I'll wash and wax the boat and maybe tackle that engine rebuild I've been dreaming of! :p:pB)
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    What does the dismiss button do? I see that it removes it from the top of the page, but what if someone adds a comment... does the post reappear to the top like a normal post?

I believe if there is a new comment, it will come up as new comment in recent discussions.

• Options
    I just posted a comment to the Q7 thread, and it came back up to the top.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it should I think. If there is something new I'd like to see it. Not a huge hassle to hit Dismiss again for all the posts that go in those topics.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    @raybo3 - Maybe time to prune back some of the announcements again?  We're back up to twelve ...
    Most of these announcements are from Rinker. I dont feel its my place to remove them. Lets not forget that we get new members every day and most of them are to promote their products or to help members........... Just say'n
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    LaRea said:
    Most of these announcements are from Rinker. I dont feel its my place to remove them. Lets not forget that we get new members every day and most of them are to promote their products or to help members........... Just say'n
    Completely agree.  This is a nice way for us regular members to move them from the top, but still see when there is something new with that topic.

• Options
    Absolutely - noobs need to see the announcements.  I just didn't realize we had the option to dismiss them.  Is that feature new?  I never noticed it before.  
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez Bryan, if Steve did that it would qualify as felony scary.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will Miss me MT
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would, Steve! But I'd send you a post card. BTW has that red tide hit you guys yet? Saw some pictures of it in some of the canals - really nasty!
  • Options
    Nothing at my house. Mostly off shore. You probably saw the algea.  They hired someone to clean it up
  • Options
    My boat is under contract so I wont be seeing that Crap anymore
  • Options
    My boat is under contract so I wont be seeing that Crap anymore
    So it looks like I will have to ban Handy...... No Rinker no boat no forum..............LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @Raybo, you should be Rinkerless as much as you spent on your boat in 2 years. You could have bought MTs 360  RLMAO
  • Options
    @Raybo, you should be Rinkerless as much as you spent on your boat in 2 years. You could have bought MTs 360  RLMAO
    It was only $27K not too bad.........lol
  • Options
    Guess thats cheaper than an EX  hahahahahahahahahhahahaha
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think about removing some of the stickies again. Have to scroll down quite a bit again to start reading discussions. Just a thought, appreciate what you guys do. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liberty44140 , you can remove them yourself. I forget, all of my stickies are removed but there was a setting to the right of them.
    2008 330EC