Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 250 EC leans to the starboard side

duane.mosleyduane.mosley florence kyPosts: 317Member ✭✭✭
title says it all, boat leans to the starboard side. doesn't matter if i'm sitting still or moving, the boat leans. while moving, i have to counter the lean with the trim tabs. holding tank was empty, batteries are on the port side of bilge. no gear under helm, no gear stored on the starboard side at all. still leans. i have also noticed that the steering wheel appears to be off by 90 degrees while tracking straight on plane.

Comments

• howardramshowardrams Fairport Harbor, OHPosts: 218Member ✭✭✭
    With the outdrive physically straight I think I'd unbolt the wheel and correct that 90 degree thing, then count the rotations and make sure it is equal from hard right to hard left.

As to the lean, is your freshwater tank on the port side, maybe fill it to compensate?  Does the lean go away if you balance the passengers port and stb?
  • J3ffJ3ff Posts: 1,689Member ✭✭✭✭
    i have to keep the freshwater tank somewhere around 50% or more full to stop the lean
  • duane.mosleyduane.mosley florence kyPosts: 317Member ✭✭✭
    no passengers, sitting in the slip, nothing in the holding tank, still leans. right not the holding tank is empty and the water tank is 3/4 full so once we get settled into the slip tonight, i will see how it's sitting in the water.
  • duane.mosleyduane.mosley florence kyPosts: 317Member ✭✭✭
    and i just noticed that you can see it leaning in my picture.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,557Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just fixed my steering wheel since it was 180* off. If you unscrew the center cover from the back, you have access to the allen screws underneath. I removed the 6 screws and rotated the wheel to the proper position.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!