Options

So I have asked this 500 times on my bellows post but no one seems to be able to answer?

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
ok, So I'm back to where I was the other day. This time I have a picture. I have pulled my stand away from the out drive as I thought perhaps that was causing the assembly not to move forward....I have the out drive on the studs, I put the out drive in gear forward ( I understand that with the drive off and still this far apart perhaps it is not going into gear?). I'm still able to turn the prop shaft by hand,...so, does this mean I'm really not it gear or does this mean I still don't have the drive shaft in the coupler?? I've giggled, I've kicked, It ain't going on and seems to be hitting something the way it feels.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    And I turn the pro shaft while pushing the out drive should I not easily feel the shaft align with the coupler if its not there already??? Back to be really frustrated!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X2 on what al said that shift foot should be out an inch for the cable to set in. Put the alignment tool in and slap your hand back and fourth side to side, makes that gimbel straight.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    What alignment tool @reneechris14 ? What ever you call the part that the cable goes it, it is working with the shifter- also, if you put it on while in gear, its shoved way into the foot? I'm sure what you all are saying is correct but confusing me!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go back to the YouTube video
  • Options
    I've watched a couple of goods ones a hundred times! So close, and yet so fat...very little mention of the shift cable...has to be the issue some how...
  • Options
    Ok, so the sift linkage was in the same position from when it came off, just a little bit out of the drive...so when I slid the drive on, it seemed to feed into the linkage ok, them I pushed the shifter forward to put in gear which shoved the linkage into the drive. I greased the entire length of the drive shaft. It is connected at the engine but I don't think adjusted- I saw on you tube tat with the cable pushed in, should be 6" from the barrel to where it mounts which puts the barrel t the far end of where it can adjust. I'm not sure I understand the question of the cable position attached at the motor end..
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Al! I really want to get this..should it be in reverse so the linkage is out and then pushes into neutral?
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras never moved my shifter always left in neutral. I used a plastic tool to set the shift cable up on top of the motor.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct