Options

Need to order a part. Rinker keeps transferring us to a voicemail. Getting frustrated

We recently purchased an '08 Rinker 260 EC. The panel with the switches in the helm (the panel with the audio control, nav lights, accessories on/off, trim etc.) is completely broken and looks like its about to give away and drop all of our switches down behind the steering column.

My brother has called Rinker a number of times and he keeps getting his calls sent to a line with a voice mail for a Mallory.

Does anyone know how much the part is, and where to buy it? We'd like to get it fixed as soon as possible as I'm unsure how long the current panel is going to last. Not sure if it'll make a difference, but we live in Southern California.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey mambug...Rinker really doesn't sell parts directly to the consumer. Those can be ordered directly through your local dealer. Let em know if you need help tracking down contact info for the dealer...just need your zip code.
  • Options
    mambugmambug Member Posts: 24
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for the response. We'd probably have to drive a ways, since we live inland, but our Zip code is 92373.

I guess its good to know that Rinker doesn't sell to consumers...
  • Options
    Nice and NaughtyNice and Naughty Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Mambug - Millers Landing in Montclair CA is the local dealer for Rinker. 10440 Central Ave, Montclair (909) 626-4506. See if they can help you out. :)>-
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you! We'll contact them and hopefully get a new dash in before anything really bad happens, like losing a switch in the 'on' position.
    Post edited by mambug on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That number is disconnected and no longer in use. 

Back to square one..
  • Options
    Check and see if you can track down another number for them. They may have gone out of business. I used them a few years ago for some service work but had a really bad experience and don't have contact with them anymore. As far as I know the next closest Rinker dealer to CA was in Utah. I'd like to help further, but I'm currently 39,000 feet up on my way to Milwaukee.
  • Options
    Appreciate the help. Just hoping to get this panel on our (new to us) boat fixed as soon as possible. Some switches have a hard time going from on to off, and vice versa..
  • Options
    Hope you find a fix soon. By the way, welcome to the RBOC! :-c
  • Options
    Thanks Naughty! Hopefully we get a few minor issues wrinkled out so we can enjoy the boat. This being one of two..
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

If it were me, I would have been very irritated that I was sent to a nonresponsive voicemail not once but several times.  I should think that the policy to use dealers would be simple to explain on a return call triggered by the first phone inquiry from the customer.  Maybe it is just me.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    edited June 2013
    We received a call back from a lady at rinker. She left a voicemail, and let us know that they'll be more expensive to go through than a dealer. We unfortunately don't have any local dealers around here. We'll see how much the pricing comes out to.

Otherwise, guys at THT (TheHullTruth) recommended a couple places that provide custom panels. Might get a quote from a few different custom designers. Though none are local.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking custom panel too but any Rinker dealer in the U.S./Canada should be able to get what you need if there's a clear picture of the problem. UPS runs those big brown trucks everywhere and a quick cell phone call is pretty easy too. I'm sure someone here can chime in about a Rinker dealer that has given them excellent service. 

Just about any company with a CAD machine and a CNC could whip out a switch panel in no time at a pretty decent price if they had a few crucial measurements. I'm sure the guys over at the Hull Truth posted Marine suppliers in that very business too,

So custom or call any dealer anywhere. Good luck and have a great season.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Try www.hysboat.com. They are always on the Rinker Facebook page as a Rinker dealer. They are located in Michigan I think. Might be worth a try.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just an update...

My brother called back the lady who left the voicemail. He was met with her voicemail - again. So at this point, Rinker is pretty much a 0/10 in customer service.

He then called a dealer in Michigan who is going to try and work with us on getting the panel. So hopefully we get some good news soon (not sure if its the same place you linked Naughty, but thanks for the reference!)

We also learned that Rinker will only support parts for 7 years, which means that if this would have been 2 years older, we'd have been screwed.

Not really feeling confident with Rinker at this point..

Edit: Tiki that was going to be my plan B. Would much rather be able to just order the stock part, but worse case scenario..
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Sometimes email works the best.  I am a fan of email.  Mine probably bores the NSA.  lol

Tony

• Options
    trich11trich11 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    I have had luck in the past contacting Cindy Scott at Rinker for information.
    cscott@nauticglobalgroup.com
  • Options
    Cindy was the one leaving the voicemail on our phone. However, we couldn't make out her email in the VM (static.)

Thanks for the email.
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Sent Mallory an email parts request tonight. Kick back said out of office until the 17th but someone in the department would answer back in her behalf with in 24 hours. So far my experience with CS has been good. Even chatted with Randy on a topic. Very pleasant.
  • Options
    We have a dealer looking into the part for us now, and we're also considering making our own. I'll be going out to the boat this weekend and looking into getting the old switch panel off. 
  • Options
    This is funny.

Rinker is still giving us the run around. To pursue the part through their channels, they want us to email a different person a picture of the dash, and informed us that they won't get back to us until tomorrow.
  • Options
    UtahEdUtahEd Member Posts: 7
    Mambug, try Beckstrand Marine in Salt Lake City (my dealer).  Ask for Phil, he works miracles for me.  (801) 266-4630.  Tell him Ed from Flaming Gorge recommended him to you.

• Options
    Hey Ed,

Thank you -- we're currently in contact with a dealer who is trying to help us.

Who knew it could be so difficult tracking down a part!
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey @mambug...your closest current dealer is below...sorry missed the fast & furious updates on this thread!

HORIZON MOTOR SPORTS
    1555 Dover ave
    LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ  86403
    888-231-0046
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Got an email back today and my part is on the way.  Thanks Rinker!!
  • Options
    sunrnr33sunrnr33 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I was looking for the same panel for a '00 and had great help from Arnold's Boats in Kentucky and I live in NY. In today's world you can get parts from many sources, I always look for the best service and support, doesn't matter what state it's in.
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Arnolds is my hometown dealer great Folks

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree with sunrnr. Through the helpful knowledge of fellow boat owners (and the mfg rep) this thread has given a person with an issue numerous options to solve the problem with specific referrals and real world experiences. What more could you hope for in a community. I think we all realize that not every customer will find every ideal solution from a single source (especially considering all the varied systems on a boat) and will need to know when to keep shopping. 

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    The frustrating part was the phone tag with Rinker. We didn't realize it would be so hard to get a part # and price.

The dealer we contacted (from Northern California), provided us the information as soon as Rinker did. We now at least have a price from 2 sources. 

Thanks for the helpful responses everyone. Kind of a bummer we can't just "shop online" and click "buy it now" to get the part we need.
  • Options
    Hey mambug - let me know how it all worked out and who you ended up using. Thanks, Dave
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    You can find most boat parts are either Pergo or Attwood links are in RBO Archives

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn