Adding swim platform to FV270

13»

Comments

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice nice back porch
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we never saw the top side of 40F with 30 mph winds all day so wind chill was below freezing. By the time I was done, I headed home straight to the sauna.
    I like the very sturdy 1" stainless supports. I would have liked to mount the outboard poles closer to the side edge, but my trim tabs and the Easy Up Swim handles I still need to install meant I have about a 10 or 12" cantilever. Platform is built extremely solid, so I'm not that worried about it.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    @Willhound - that platform looks fantastic!  You will get tons of use out of it!!  & with 4 supports, you won't have to wonder if you have enough support!  Great job!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Looking good 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Added the handles yesterday. 
  • Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    I like those handles...can you show how it mounts underneath.... what part is that.

1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    do they come out are are they fixed?
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Now your boat is 24qft bigger you will love the realistate
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Sorry @F1100 I meant to take a pic underneath and forgot. Below is an image from the patent drawing on the web. Essentially about a 3" deep socket with a flange on top, and then another flange on the bottom so the mount sandwiches the platform. The handles lock into place so no danger of them wiggling out and also have a locater pin in the bottom of the mount to keep them oriented. Can be locked 180 degrees either handle out, or handle in. Easily removable to store. Seem very sturdy. Was $334 USD to my door with shipping by Fedex, had them in 4 days. With exchange almost $500 CDN but I do like them and a big justification is that it will not only help in and out of the water, but also at the dock since with the deep platform, there's nothing to grab when stepping onto the boat.
    When I initially e-mailed it was also suggested that a lot of people slide a piece of pool noodle onto the lower straight section so that if you drop one overboard it will float.

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm liken those handle's , can you leave them there all the time? I would, so you do not have to store them somewhere. Great improvement Platform and handles. Do you have to wait till July to get in the water up there. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Yes, handles lock in and can be left mounted. Weather still a factor. Snowed again last night. Marina is held up since they tore out the scrappy old ramp and the weather is preventing the pouring of the new ramp. So I have a bit of breathing room to get some more stuff done. Other years a delay would be upsetting but the weather looks so lousy for the next few weeks that nobody is in a hurry.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! It has to make a big difference....I think of mine as I step off the dock to the boat as sort of the porch for entering the boat....I stand on it often when docked or sitting on the water....you can stand back there and rinse off with the shower head...it is a must!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Looks great! It has to make a big difference....I think of mine as I step off the dock to the boat as sort of the porch for entering the boat....I stand on it often when docked or sitting on the water....you can stand back there and rinse off with the shower head...it is a must!
    Agree 100% !!
    2008 330EC