Options

2017 Rinker EC 370

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want a really good look at the new Rinker EC 370, google Rinker EC 370 and open the heading for Yachtworld Rinker EC 370 for sale.... You will fine a lot of pictures for the new EC 370 including the new white "leather" upholstery and dark wood in the downstairs cabin.  Also LOVE the new helm lay-out! You may also notice the price of $USD 288, 647.00. I love Rinkers and I love the EC 2017 (maybe not the single horizontal hull window as much as the three vertical windows on my former 2014 EC 360).....but as much as I love Rinkers I did not pay anywhere near USD 288K for my 2014 EC 360. At 288K - I'm assuming without any taxes and maybe even PDI and accessories I would be looking at a lot of boats for that change. Maybe new boats really are getting out of reach of what's left of the middle class and that's why Sea Ray is down drastically in units sold? Are Rinker's prices getting to high as well? BTW you may also notice that the EC 370 in the pictures appears to have been shipped from the factory with its hard top installed on a low boy trailer like the one used to ship my former 360.

BTW with several European countries declaring that EVs will be mandatory in the very near future (can't comprehend that one) when are the enviro nuts (the ones who make the California crazies look sane) going to come after boaters?

I'm feeling old.....wait a minute I am old LOL

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    well, the price is definitely high.  & to me, after walking thru the 370, I know have that same word that comes to mind as two people on my dock (that are Rinker owners) and @LaRea .  Unfortunately, that word is "Cheap".  The boat felt like it was made under a very tight budget (wouldn't know it from the price).  It almost felt like I was on a Bayliner (nothing against them, they are priced typically lower and good bang for the buck).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    In all honesty my next boat will Either be rinker 342 or wellcraft in the 330 class. If I can get my hands on a good deal sea ray 330
    or 340 that would be my first choice.
    hideaway yacht sales here in Harrison twp mi  os one of the largest rinker dealers in North America.
    i see most of the bigger rinkers still sit there and go back to 2015 models. That’s why they sell other brands to decertify. Like toons, decks and centers.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    ....and I hope things are going better for my brother American boaters - but IMO (no big political statement intended) the middle class - where I live - are becoming the working poor and the rich are getting way richer. We have political parties in power - in Canada - who are engaging in industry killing cap and trade carbon penalties and paying 10 times the price incentives for alternative power in a Province (Ontario) that used to have the best and cheapest power (per capita) in the world. My two sons will likely have to work into their seventies (despite cash infusions from us) and I have no idea what my grand daughter will face. My wife and I were the "ants" from Aesop's Fables who worked two jobs and saved our money. That is almost impossible for most people to do now. I can clearly see why boats constructed and priced in the last few years are sitting in dealership yards and on the Yachtworld lists. IMO those wishing to purchase boats now must look for well-maintained used boats unless they win a lottery.
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I have few good friends that purchased new over the years. One ended up with a 330ss formula and other with a toon for up north cottage.
    One was 300k other was almost 60.
    One owns a business and makes 500k a year
    Toon friend makes around 300k. This was years ago and boats are paid off now and still owned by them.
    formula was paid off by using oil stocks and toon was just straight payments.
    i don’t make as much money and work as a manufacturing engineer.
    me and my young family are looking for a bigger house now hopefully right on the water. Lake st clair is our wanted location. We bid on few but came just short over the summer. One house was amazing house with lake view or canal.
    when house is purchased I will upgrade my current boat. We like a 340 dancer or 342 rinker. At the end of the day I don’t care how much I make or have saved. I just don’t see myself buying a brand new dancer or rinker when I can spend 40-60k and get a used one lol
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Don't get me started MT. Liberals are killing our economy. And they think they have enough money to bring terrorists into Canada and train them to be nice people. They're all idiots ... Trudeau and Whynne. All crooks too.

Income tax - top bracket with surtaxes is like 56%.

Carbon tax - impacts electricity, natural gas

Eco fee - tax on anything electronic.

HST - 13% sales tax.

Property taxes on an assessed average house cost of like $900k is another $7000 a year, and they pretty much doubled the assessed value over the next 5 years due to the hot market! What happens when that crashes??!?

Now they want to raise minimum wage to $15/h ... for a kid that cooks French fries. Everything is about to get more expensive, and the poor will suffer the most.

Oh and let's not forget about the war the Liberals have waged on small business. Want to raise taxes on them, so they can close the doors and everything goes oversees.

Yes, there is nothing left for boating ... everyone has maxed out their lines of credit and credit cards.  Only thing that is saving them is that the house values keep going up, so every couple of years they can extend their lines and squeeze out more cash. If the housing market corrects itself (wait for a few mortgage rate increases), then we'll be in big dwang.

Post edited by MarkB on

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @MarkB ....and that is a primer for life in Ontario that is imo 100% dead on....with the emphasis on dead! :-(
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only correction I could add is that I'm sure he meant $7000 in property tax, not $700.....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    I was gonna say.  Around here, if you pay $700 a year in real estate taxes, you live in a trailer park.  
  • Options
    Yeah, it's $7,000.00.....then 13%  tax on pretty much every good and service.
  • Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    I was gonna say.  Around here, if you pay $700 a year in real estate taxes, you live in a trailer park.  
    Around here (Pittsburgh) if you had a $900,000 house you would pay a he** of a lot more than $7,000 in property taxes (more like $20,000+). Of course $900,000 would buy a heck of a nice house around here (median home value about $135,000 in a bedroom suburb).....

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    all in @ 1200=very nice gated community and not a penitentiary..
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are tax to death, and there not a Da__  thing we can do about it. And when ya die they tax you again. 
    13% sales tax in Canada that's tough. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus income /sales/property, all 3?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nhsd said:
    LaRea said:
    Around here (Pittsburgh) if you had a $900,000 house you would pay a he** of a lot more than $7,000 in property taxes (more like $20,000+). Of course $900,000 would buy a heck of a nice house around here (median home value about $135,000 in a bedroom suburb).....
    Where I live North of Pittsburgh, I pay $9500 (school district, county and local) in taxes on a $395,000 house.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I live about 50 miles north of Pittsburgh. Median home price is about $130,000 here. Mine is worth probably $150,000 and my taxes are about $3500/year (school, county, local). The closer you get to Pittsburgh the higher the housing and taxes get.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm staying where I'm at.  the county real estate tax multiplier is 1.5719. So for a 300,000 home, the annual tax would be $4715.70 per year,  then you get deductions, for mortgage,  homestead, veteran, over 65, ect.  those deductions can cut the tax bill in over half. About $2300.00 per year. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I paid 360 in South Carolina on a 4200 sq ft home in 2010. That was homestead rate. 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I want a veterans discount on my property taxes.  :)  The cities around here have a wide variance in properety tax millages.  When we moved to our current house (on a canal) the house value went up roughly 33% but our taxes only went up maybe 10%.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    All a great reason to live on a boat some day!! :)

• Options
    Northern Virginia has safe roads, amazing schools, effective police and fire departments, beautiful public parks, and more.  It all costs money, and I don't mind carrying my share of the load.

One thing we DON'T have is property taxes on boats, which is great!  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    LaRea said:

Some cities have excise taxes on boats and waterway fees............ Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Northern Virginia has safe roads, amazing schools, effective police and fire departments, beautiful public parks, and more.  It all costs money, and I don't mind carrying my share of the load.

No, but you pay personal property tax on that boat along with your cars
  • Options
    LaRea said:

No, but you pay personal property tax on that boat along with your cars

Depends on where you live.  Don't have it here in MD.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And usually the ages go along with the places of higher tax rates -wages can be low I'm Florida but taxes are pretty low by comparison..
  • Options
    Well, I learned a thing today.  Fairfax County actually DOES have a personal property tax on boats!  

They have never bothered to send a bill to me or anyone I know.  If they did bill me, it would be ... drum roll please ... $9 per year.  
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    Only correction I could add is that I'm sure he meant $7000 in property tax, not $700.....

Yes, sorry my Italian blood was boiling and I made a typo, meant to say $7k, and I corrected it in my post. That soon will be heading to $14k in 5 years due to the reassessments. I wonder when people will figure out that municipalities will basically be doubling their income in 5 years ... that's like a 15% compounded increase every year ... and I though inflation was only 3%?!?!? What am I missing? Oh yes, I'm talking too logical again.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    nhsd said:
    LaRea said:

Not in Toronto. You cannot get a 700 sq ft townhouse for less than $600k. The median is almost $1 million (so guess what we're paying in mortgages after the taxman takes more than half of our money?).

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

Guys, I'd trade my property tax for $10,000 a year any day, if I could get your income tax rates ... and not have to pay 58% to tax rate like I do here!

What are your income taxes like ... I'll be surprised if they're anything close to what we pay.

Plus in Florida sales tax is 6% ... here its 13% on everything!

"Boat + Water = Fun"

This discussion has been closed.