Options

Leak Question 2001 340 Fiesta Vee

Ok so I have posted before about this leak but never really dove into it because it was mid summer and I wanted to enjoy what few months I had left, but now that we are mid winter I am taking care of all lose ends so this year is (fingers crossed) fun filled and no issues.

Lets start, I have a 2001 Fiesta Vee 340.  The leak is from what we can tell coming from under the water heater, but no the water heater it self.  We do not think it is the water heater because the drip pan is completely dry.  It is probably the worst spot on the boat to diagnose because you can barely see, and you definitely can not get to it without removing the aft seating, bulkhead, and possibly AC and Hot Water Heater... yeah FML.  To see the leak or the area where we believe water is coming from I have removed the aft seating and the panel that closes in the AC.  

My question is to yall that know this boat, is there a through hull under the hot water heater.  My mind says NO, but I know where else water would be coming from.  Unless the hull was compromised during transport last year and there is a small crack....?

Also, how do I go about removing the seat paneling and bulkhead.  My marina said they will not touch that part of the job because they are not carpenters.  They haven't been much help and honestly couldn't even find out where the water was coming from in the first place.  I had to do that.  

Well thank you in advance for any and all help.  
2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down

Comments