Options

Leak Question 2001 340 Fiesta Vee

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One note is that your setup is different from Handys and mine, 2002 and newer our ac units are in the bow and the water heaters are in the engine room. Here is one idea, close the thru hull to the ac. I am wondering if there is a leak in your ac inlet hose, maybe close to the ac unit. That would still leak even when the ac is not on. Looks like your ac unit is close to the waterline. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Already did that before to narrow down leak.  I have also pumped out all water and with my own eyes I see what trickling in from the manufactured hole in bulkhead.
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    Wal-Mart was a strike out. Amazon item will be here Monday.... so next weekend we will play again.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Maybe AutoZone or another auto parts store has it
  • Options
    The wireless one that someone posted on the first page will be here Monday if I get excited I'm a make the trip to the lake and get a video for y'all.  With the amount of water that is coming through and the length of time it has to be in my opinion a hull issue or a water inlet issue. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    look on the outside of the boat, that's an easy answer! That is a heck of a leak, looks like mine!
  • Options
    I would for sure turn off thru hulls and see if it stops- could just be a hose and if you can see it, you can't find it.
  • Options
    This boat is in the water? You better have a back up bilge pump in there or just let the insurance company take care if it- just delete your profile and all your posts! 
  • Options
    I love your exclamation mark as if I haven't done that already.... my marina had already pulled the boat pulled the motors and inspected the hull.  I am now on my own with this project.  My new props will be here next week when they pull the boat I will be there and I am actually inspecting the hull myself.  I have never down the area where I believe the leak is coming from that should help. 
  • Options
    And yes after the boat comes out of the water and we cannot find anything the insurance company will be taking over. I am sure that will be a headache from ****
  • Options
    @zaverin1 I did both- did quite the exercise and was able to determine it was leaking around the gimbal ring. I'm doing some work on my truck and then I'm going to haul it to the marina and pull out the motor and get in there and see what is up! Just finding the time...
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing is based on this video it looks like the leak is not coming from the drive or engine area, it looks forward of that. Right cars?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    I am hoping now that I've been able to narrow down the area it'll be easier to find... fingers crossed. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated or have admin delete all this and have insurance take over. Ha
  • Options
    Don't let it win
  • Options
    Yes if I was to open the engine hatch the leak is in front of the wall that holds the gas tanks.  And if I'm inside the boat it is behind the wall that holds the gas tanks. So it is in an area that I cannot get to unless I start cutting the boat in pieces..... fml.  When my props get here I will literally scan the bottom of that hull for a week straight
  • Options
    If it leaks in that fast it should leak out as well
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    my dad had a wood boat when he hauled it and put it back in he threw saw dusd in the water it filled the seems till the hull swelled back up ….might want to give it a shot it might show you from outside the general area 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    Handy makes a good point, it should leak out as well.  You may be able to run hose water (not squirt, but just let it run over) over that area with someone on the outside (while on shore) and look for water coming out. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    That's actually what I plan to do. Pull it out, let it dry off, then run a hose to that same sections of the boat where we see water collecting. 
  • Options
    Wireless Endoscope gets delivered today, new Hill Marine 20P Props get delivered tomorrow!!!  Now the weekend is going to take FOREVER to get here!!
  • Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Those things are awesome and great for DIY colonoscopy (but look for your leak first)!  Good luck!   -Paul
  • Options

I'm so excited!! Can't wait for the weekend.
  • Options
    I would fix the leak first
  • Options
    I figure I would just going to JB Weld the bottom of the boat. hahahha yeah no $hit.  Boat is being hauled out today but is raining today and tomorrow.  Im going to spend all weekend at the marina trying to figure it out.  
  • Options
  • Options
    Looks like a Bravo 2 impellor. What pitch and diameter is it? You will love the difference. I don't even need trim tabs anymore
  • Options
    Bravo 3 actually. There is another prop under the top one.  It is a 20 Pitch and I do not know diameter but looks around 15".  Its from Hill Marine.
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Just taking a shot here...have you considered the powder method in finding the leak?  Dowse the area in baby powder and find where there is paths of water.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carsnmorellc you can try using a moisture meter to locate the area of the hull that shows the highest reading. The new units are non-invasive. Your "leak" could be severe osmosis or something (crack) hidden by gel coat. If your aforementioned plans don't reveal a culprit, maybe give the MM a try? When I went to sell my 2014 Ec 360 the surveyor traced the MM all over my hull and deck - like everywhere! My hull was awesome so I asked the guy "It works right?". He said, "Watch this" and ran it down the hull of a much older cruiser in the storage. The friggin' meter went-off all over the place. That poor guy's hull was baad. Yeah, it worked.
  • Options
    Sounds good, I will look into a moisture meter if this weekend is a failure.