Options

WTB (2) 6.5" speakers

2»

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Well if you see me out there again come say hi, I'll have some music and a pop for you.  B):)
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @JoeStang @zaverin1 don't forget to let me know when you're in the water and ready for your vessel safety checks.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Stodge  I have a story to tell you.
    I am that boat owner that  season in and season out did my vessel safety checks.
     I am a freak by nature when it comes to safety anyway. My boat and Jetski are always stocked with everything you would ever need.
    Last summer I took off from Beacon headed to Keans marina for the night. Plan was to dock,hit the pool and travel to comerica for a tigers game.
    i am a rock throw away from Keans entrance when I see coast guard boat. He quickly swings around and gets behind me. Tells me to kill my engines and stop. I proceeded to tell him that I am to close to the sea wall and header to Keans to dock.
    he allows me to proceed following closely behind.
    i had to stop and back
    up lol and he got little nervous so I had to yell I am not
    from Keans and had to find the dock number lol.

they board the boat and proceed with a normal boat shake down that stodge Or any other auxiliary would do.
    they did ask all people onboard for identification and told us to hold
    tight to finish paperwork.

they hand me the paperwork and say keep this in your boat. That’s when I asked about the little
    boat us sticker on my port side. Guy kind of laughed and Said that means nothing. He followed up by saying inspection paper I just gave you will be the only thing to atop coast guard from
    boarding.
    so this season I am going to find a coast guards to do my inspection.
    this way I don’t have to worry about double inspections lol
  • Options
    We give similar forms.  The stickers are for the local law enforcement.  CG can board any time for any reason.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Well similar and coast form is two different things i found out lol
    one you can’t use to prevent a secondary safety check and other you can.
    i am hot saying they can’t board and search but it won’t be for safety reasons lol.
    we did have open Beers and they could give two poops about it.
    they observed good boat control and complete compliance. That’s all they care about.

reason they boarded me is boat 30 min before my aproach had 10 plus people leaving Keans with zero life jackets. So maybe they thought everyone at Keans is a good swimmer lol

• Options
    I've never been boarded, or even stopped by any law enforcement boats, but I'm sure jtll happen eventually. Stodge I'm finally gonna take you up on the inspection offer this season. I still have the checklist on my fridge. 
  • Options
    Boat us sticker is awesome in all honesty.
    it gives you a good baseline and puts your vessel up to code.
    you can’t go wrong.
    i don’t know how many boaters on lsc boat on a wish and a prayer.
    i am working on a boat now that in my mind should of been dry docked but nope people used it and it ended up catching fire.
    so in my mind there are three boater types

a boater 

boater with cubic dollars But no common sense 

boater that has no clue or money

• Options
    You can always make simple block style mc 
    that you can hang from either windshield or bow rail

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep just mount them on a piece of plywood hang them over the side for the sticker 
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:
    Well similar and coast form is two different things i found out lol
    one you can’t use to prevent a secondary safety check and other you can.
    i am hot saying they can’t board and search but it won’t be for safety reasons lol.
    we did have open Beers and they could give two poops about it.
    they observed good boat control and complete compliance. That’s all they care about.

reason they boarded me is boat 30 min before my aproach had 10 plus people leaving Keans with zero life jackets. So maybe they thought everyone at Keans is a good swimmer lol

NOTHING will stop a coast guard boarding.  If they decide to board you, they will board you.  Presenting a passing inspection after they board should speed things along assuming they are there to do a safety inspection.  

We were stopped on the way into Goderich by OPP for a safety inspection.  The guy must have been new.  He asked for my Canadian Boater card.  I explained we're from the US and we don't have those, but we have local (Michigan) boater safety cards.  That derailed him a bit.  All he asked for were life vests.  They never actually "boarded" our boat.

The moral of that story is:  When ANY law enforcement approaches you, regardless of what inspections/stickers/etc. you have, just follow instructions, let them do their jobs and be on their way.

• Options
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Music is a big part of our fun too, and since I wouldn't be able to handle listening to the music in those videos posted all day, I have 8 wetsounds 6.5s, and 2 JL 12"W6s with a KXMA 800.8, and KXMA 1200.1 driving them. I never have an issue drowning out the bad music to hear my own :)

but but I try to keep my volume reasonable around other people, because everyone wants to hear their own music. I only turn mine up when the guys next to me get too rowdy with theirs. Lol
  • Options
    I have a variety of music going, rock and pop included. Just no country at all. That garbage doesn't get played on my boat, my car, or my house. Lol
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    JoeStang said:
    I have a variety of music going, rock and pop included. Just no country at all. That garbage doesn't get played on my boat, my car, or my house. Lol

Sounds identical to my playlist.  Just about everything except country! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    No country? Come on man
    you from downriver lol
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    no Zac Brown 
  • Options
    I don't listen to what you guys probably call country either. In Texas, we call it Nashville music (Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia line, Jason Aldean, ect....). That stuff is crap. In Texas, we have Texas music (not boy band crap country).  Rap isn't even real music. It's just noise. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't listen to what you guys probably call country either. In Texas, we call it Nashville music (Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia line, Jason Aldean, ect....). That stuff is crap. In Texas, we have Texas music (not boy band crap country).  Rap isn't even real music. It's just noise. 
    You can actually get other music on the radio there besides Spanish? LOL
  • Options
    Stations called the wall lol 
  • Options
    Lol....we are in north Texas.  
  • Options
    You better be a Cowboy fan
  • Options
    Lions fan here
    he likes cry baby dez
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:x
    No country? Come on man
    you from downriver lol
    No, I'm from 6 mile & mound, and live in macomb now. I didn't know country music existed until high school. Lol

And some rap and hip hop is decent music, and good for partying with a younger group of people. Don't be the old fogey that only blasts the same AC/DC, KISS, and Journey ALL.DAY.LONG.  :D
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:
    Lions fan here
    he likes cry baby dez
    You better be a Cowboy fan
    shawnmjr said:
    I listen to it all but mostly country. I used to love hip hop music but all the new stuff is garbage now and I’m sick of listening to the older hip hop over and over again. 

I'm a Cowboys fan for sure, and I actually went to OK State, but Dez needs to go. 

Shwanmjr, I can make some very good recommendations for you, in regards to new guys singing good country, that you've probably never heard of. Texas kind of has its own genre. Try Jason Eady, Cody Jinks, Turnpike Troubadours, Randy Rogers Band, Casey Donahue, or Sturgil Simpson just to start.   
  • Options
    Shaw
    new rap is garbage 
  • Options
    Dez could do a lot of damage if they had better and faster receivers around him. By the way, that was a catch against Green Bay!!!
  • Options
    Handy 
    Dez is obj
  • Options
    Dez could do a lot of damage if they had better and faster receivers around him. By the way, that was a catch against Green Bay!!!
    I was flying Terry Bradshaws airplane at the time, so I was actually at that game. As a cowboys fan, it sucked. 

shawnmjr said:
    @69fastback I will have to check them out. I appreciate the info. 
    No problem. I hope you find something there that you like.  It's much better than Nashville music.  
  • Options
    Really, this topic has devolved into country music and the cowboys?!?! My life is very unbalanced right now. Lol