Options

Revisiting the factory 2001 FV270 swim platform

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    There are so many of us on this Rinker site buying Hill Marine Props (I love mine).  They should get a rep on here and also offer a little discount. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    I think my boat runs and handles excellent,but u guy make me want a set of these hill Marine props 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    NuWave Marine out of NJ has the Hill Marine Props for $971.00

https://nuwavemarine.com/hm-four-by-4-mercruiser-bravo-3-propeller-set-22-pitch-4x4-blade/

"Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sure, pipe up after he's paid!! lol.  I dont think they offer free returns though. 
  • Options
    thepriceisrightthepriceisright Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Hill seems to offer free exchanges, but returning even an unopened prop has a 15% restocking fee.

I can't wait to get 'em on and get back on the water! I wish I had a cockpit canopy so heading out while it's still in the 50s would be so awful.
  • Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    sure, pipe up after he's paid!! lol.  I dont think they offer free returns though. 
    I know, I saw it too late.  Hopefully it helps someone that knows which size they need.
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    I'm really excited about getting these props on. 
  • Options
    New props showed up!

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    Dream_Inn said:
    There are so many of us on this Rinker site buying Hill Marine Props (I love mine).  They should get a rep on here and also offer a little discount. :)
    If they understood this forum's high rating in Google searches about boating topics, they would be all over it.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    @thepriceisright - Have you tried adding weight to the bow?

Maybe you are dragging the swim platform because the bow too high.  If that's the case, add more chain to your anchor rode. 

I added 30 feet of chain to my 370, and it made a huge difference.  Yes, my boat weighs 10 tons, but a little weight all the way up at the anchor locker makes a big difference.  I wasn't dragging the swim platform, but I was having to use a lot of trim tab.  Now, I can run with only 10% tabs.    

And of course, more chain always helps with holding power.  Win-win.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    @thepriceisright - Have you tried adding weight to the bow?

Maybe you are dragging the swim platform because the bow too high.  If that's the case, add more chain to your anchor rode. 

I added 30 feet of chain to my 370, and it made a huge difference.  Yes, my boat weighs 10 tons, but a little weight all the way up at the anchor locker makes a big difference.  I wasn't dragging the swim platform, but I was having to use a lot of trim tab.  Now, I can run with only 10% tabs.    

And of course, more chain always helps with holding power.  Win-win.  
    There’s already three large bags of sand in the forward bilge, and about 20’ of my anchor like is chain. 
  • Options
    270496RINKER270496RINKER Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Very interested in your results
    having the same issue same md and engine