2»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @raybo3 loves all those cool LED lights and cup holders. RLMAO
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    the cup holders were a bit too much for me, mine are just stainless with no lights  :D
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thepriceisright, what color would you go with? You can't use red or green. IMO, blue looks good and it isn't super bright. I changed all of my lights to blue because the white was too harsh at night. I also have a blue boat, so it all ties together.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    In the marine industry, don't most, if not all, helm stations utilize red lights due to the long wavelength which results in less stress on the human eye?
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Blue light can also trigger aggression in some. Serious.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price :  Never heard such, But thank you eye doc, was not aware, interesting. 
    May we call call you lightfesser. 
    1) Humans can't focus on many wavelengths of blue light. The way it scatters in our cornea means the focal point occurs slightly beyond our retina, making it look blurry. As we constantly attempt to focus, it can lead to eye strain, which can cause headaches, nausea, and even long term vision impairments.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    thepriceisrightthepriceisright Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    if you want to keep your night vision, go with amber. If you just need illumination, white is the way to go. 

I know, super boring. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,466 admin
    the cup holders were a bit too much for me, mine are just stainless with no lights  :D
    Handy is busting them again.....lol He knows that the LED cup holders are NOT my cut of tea.... No pun intended........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why everyone goes with blue light. Allow me to nerd out here for a sec...

Mine can go white, blue, red or purple.  The cool part is that it works with a normal on-off switch.  They come on white.  Then flip the switch quickly off and on and they cycle to the next color.  So I can have color based on mood.  :)

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Blue light can also trigger aggression in some and its very harmful for our health
    The amount of blue light being radiated from the screens is more and it leads to a reduction in the contrast sensitivity of the eyes causing eye strain- as said in this article- https://eyemantra.in/about-eye/blue-light-effects/ 
    @raybo3
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭
    The whole reason for me choosing blue was 1) i thought it looked cool 2) it is one of two colors that doens't totally ruin your night vision.  Red being the other color. As to all the technical articles.  Yes i dont disagree but i honestly don't think it is an apple to apples comparison.  There is a difference between sitting at a computer 10 hrs a day and having eye strain vs using my boat at night 4 times a year for a few hrs.  
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    I have never had a problem with blue curtesy lights and I have only 1 working eye.... just say'n 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @raybo3 it looks like spam to me. That’s why I tagged you. I know that I wouldn’t click the link. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Wow am I bad....... Yes it was spam and I took care of it.......
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Blue light doesn't make you aggressive. And I will bludgeon anyone who says it does.  :D
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Here i was getting ready to welcome our first Rinker member from India and now you tell me it was spam? Glad i didnt try and open it.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!