Water from Shower into Salon

Chennupe1Chennupe1 North Beach MDMember Posts: 5 ✭✭
Hello everyone, I am "hopefully" a soon to be 2004 342 FV owner, however during the sea trial, there were some issues found, some minor, but one specifically an "indoor" plumbing issue. The water from the shower did not drain into the shower pump, but seems to be seeping from under the shower floor into the salon, behind/adjacent to the steps.  Not sure if this is a hose failure and if so, how do I access the hose? Could clog drain cause water seepage into the salon? Any schematics of the shower discharge system available.  Thanks for any help offered.
Tagged:

Comments

• StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairMember Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭✭
    The shower sump is located in the mid-berth, on the port side under the cushions.  If the lid is loose, or the box is damaged it can leak.  I had a similar problem with mine and had to replace the sump.  Not major.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Chennupe1Chennupe1 North Beach MDMember Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thank you. We'll check

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Member Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Stodge, likely the pump is not working so the water had nowhere to go 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• billy737billy737 Conroe TXMember Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Stodge said:
    The shower sump is located in the mid-berth, on the port side under the cushions.  If the lid is loose, or the box is damaged it can leak.  I had a similar problem with mine and had to replace the sump.  Not major.
    Had the same problem 
    2004 Rinker Fiesta Vee Conroe TX
  • randy9000randy9000 Member Posts: 15
    Stodge,

where did you get your replacement pump? Do you have a part number?

Thanks,

2005 Rinker 342 - Maryland
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Harrison TWP ,MIMember Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Just by one from west or online
    they are pretty much generic 
  • randy9000randy9000 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks zaverin1!
    2005 Rinker 342 - Maryland
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTMember Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Atwood sahara S500 is in my showerbox 05 342
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    The sump I got had the same pump as the original, which has decided that it's too much effort to turn on.  I just got a replacement atwood pump for it.  

@zaverin1 is right, they are fairly generic.   

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Greenwood Lake NY Member Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    You might want to tape up the shower drain and fill some water in the basin to make sure the enclosure isn't leaking 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Member Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put in a brand new box and pump a few seasons ago when I bought the boat, same pump that Renee mentioned. For whatever reason for the first shower of the year I have to pull the pump out of the box and re shove it in a couple of times to get things flowing. Now I just run water in the shower to get things going, after that it works awesome for the entire summer, we take several showers every weekend in there, just that first prime of the year needs some attention....
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

I put in a brand new box and pump a few seasons ago when I bought the boat, same pump that Renee mentioned. For whatever reason for the first shower of the year I have to pull the pump out of the box and re shove it in a couple of times to get things flowing. Now I just run water in the shower to get things going, after that it works awesome for the entire summer, we take several showers every weekend in there, just that first prime of the year needs some attention....
    I have the same problem.  I got a check valve to put in the discharge line but haven't gotten to it.

I had a leak as well but it was the plumbing, not the drain.  It was running underneath the shower and wicking into the carpet in the mid-berth storage.