Options

Well it’s time to sell my 280

zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
I love this boat and have many hours and upgrades put into her. I threw around the idea last summer but ended up keeping her.
my brother in law buying a boat this summer made it easier for me to get the fix once I sell.

we have our mind set on a 2000-2005 sea ray 340 da.
i Will start the search in the fall. Main reason for selling my 280 early is I have another baby dude soon and house remodel. I have no time to use the boat and boat upgrade was already in the works.
obvoius reasons for the 340 is a huge sit down aft
nice
big v berth and all other create comforts me and my family need.
for now I can always sport the 330 express with 14ft beam. Lol

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/6614232613.html?lang=en&cc=us

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, sorry to see you leave the family!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boaters move on, family's grow, congratulations, Boy? or  Girl? 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe your not getting a 342 over a 340 wtf
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Can't believe your not getting a 342 over a 340 wtf
    I was thinking the same thing..........

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    And you will pay more. Want a 342 with diesels???
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    I was kind of wondering why not the 342 as well.  Good luck with the house and congrats on a little one coming!  Keep in touch on this forum even if/when you have a Sea Ray.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    There are 5 342s for sale in the Great Lakes region (according to Yacht World), 1 in our town.  Couple of 360s in the same price range too.  Prices for the 342 start at $58K.  

There are probably 500 similar size SeaRays for sale in the same region.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Girl and I will stick around for sure. Lots of knowledge here.
    i want to get away from sterndrives and have a bigger aft cabin that 340 offers.
    dont get me wrong I like the 342 but would not want one with twin 350s. We still do take up to 8 people out on occasion.
    if the right 342 comes across with big blocks I would consider.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    zaverin1 said:
    Girl and I will stick around for sure. Lots of knowledge here.
    i want to get away from sterndrives and have a bigger aft cabin that 340 offers.
    dont get me wrong I like the 342 but would not want one with twin 350s. We still do take up to 8 people out on occasion.
    if the right 342 comes across with big blocks I would consider.

Not even on with Yannys???
  • Options
    How much handy 
  • Options
    You dont want big blocks and V Drives
  • Options
    Handy you dangled it in front of him now give him a price............ Let's make this deal happen.........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
  • Options
    As usual no answer lol
  • Options
    Well i am sorry handy
    I was busy lol

• Options
    Well let me see my Rinker first 
    my wife is not to crazy of the diesel smell
    my bro in laws neighbor has a 440 express with diesels and that thing makes my puke when it starts up lol
  • Options
    Ask @randy56 if he smelled anything
  • Options
    What year is it handy
  • Options
    Well that’s also because your done have thru hull exhaust 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true no black sooty smoke,  It was much cleaner than I ever expected. Must be the Yanmar's You have in your mind it's like an 18 wheeler but it is more like a gasser. decibels were not bad either. actually impressive. Top speed was a little light, but who is in a hurry when boating? Enjoy and relax, lot of room on a 342, The shower is so much nicer than on 270/280. Cannot remember the hours but, seemed lite for the year. 
    Fuel consumption, not bad, I would like to have it myself. But my boating area stinks. We have docks in but the river is still to high.  Short boating seasons, and having to trailer stops me. There are no lifts or marina's to get big boat's in and out here. You are on your own.  
    We like to tease handy, and he can take it.  but that boat is in Excellent condition. probably better than 99% of the 342's out there. I bet he has spent more money than he paid for it, in up grades and enhancements. Just last week he had a dress made for it. lol,  Ya I don't know what it's called. POST PICTURE HANDY. To keep to sun off, a curtain if you will that covers up the sunny side, hangs from the rail. 

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had curtains installed on a boat lift once worked super well to avoid sun damage and not expensive to do.
  • Options
  • Options
    Lol
    thata to much work
    he does need to sell
    it 
    boat like that needs to be used not dressed up

what I tried to say is sea rays . Etc usually have half and half exhaust. Half under and half goes thru the side of the hull.
    that makes a huge difference when it comes to smell.

also it’s about 4500 to ship from where handy is to Michigan 
    we just shipped a 330 express from that neck of the Woods.
    someimes it’s worth buying local and you still save money 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    zaverin1 said:
    Lol
    thata to much work
    he does need to sell
    it 
    boat like that needs to be used not dressed up

what I tried to say is sea rays . Etc usually have half and half exhaust. Half under and half goes thru the side of the hull.
    that makes a huge difference when it comes to smell.

also it’s about 4500 to ship from where handy is to Michigan 
    we just shipped a 330 express from that neck of the Woods.
    someimes it’s worth buying local and you still save money 
    Every Sea Ray 340 we looked at leaked somewhere and none had Yanns. I think 4000 for shipping would be a better price if you shopped around. I dont think you would find a 340 under 50G. Plus no stand up shower and less headroom, right MT????
  • Options
    If I may chime in here. At my club there are about 7 Searay 340's and 2 Rinker 342 and needless to say the Rinkers are much much better looking and have way more room inside and of course the separate shower. The 2 Rinkers draw more attention than any Searay (IMO the S/R are ugly.. sorry) and should be cheaper in price......... Just say'n 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    If I may chime in here. At my club there are about 7 Searay 340's and 2 Rinker 342 and needless to say the Rinkers are much much better looking and have way more room inside and of course the separate shower. The 2 Rinkers draw more attention than any Searay (IMO the S/R are ugly.. sorry) and should be cheaper in price......... Just say'n 
    My theory is that SeaRays are more expensive because of that oval plate that says SeaRay and the "gold ball" shifters.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    I think Zav is very confused about Now and asking his admiral what to do. Hahahahahahah
  • Options
    If I do I do, if I dont I don't. If someone is seriously interested I would sell. Everything is for sale LOL
  • Options
    340 is a full stand up shower 
    And no if you ever see the inside of a 340 it has way more room in the aft and v berth 
    besides the separate shower which will get used never.
    all marinas we go to have bathhouses

like I said I am open to a 342 but big block
    only.
    after boating for years I know what I want now.
    no replacement for displacement and has to be prestine condition.

• Options