Drink Recipe's

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
Watermelon Mia Tia
Here is my watermelon Mia Tia mix........ I usually make it by the glass........ 60% watermelon vodka (3 Olives works best but very hard to find) 30% sour mix 10% Mia Tia mix. (mixes are in local liquor store) add some chucks of WM and blend for 5 sec or so and pour over ice. That is how I was told to make it. However I do 70% 25% 5%,,, Little stronger but hey I just sleep on the boat.....lol
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Well, I have a very good drink for the admiral that I call Rum Punch.

40% Peach Mango V8 Fusion (hey, you get your veggies in your drink :) )

25% Sweet and Sour

25% Rum (we usually use coconut rum)

10% Amaretto

Splash of Grenadine for color

Sometimes a splash of sprite (not needed)

You really can change the percentages, make it weaker or stronger, it still taste pretty good.  Can also use low or higher proof rum, depending on the kick you want.  I've also just used two different juices instead of the V8 fusion, but that is usually what the admiral likes the best.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Banana Cream Pie

Equal parts of Cruzan Banana Rum and Jones Cream Soda served over ice.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic Canadian Bloody Caesar Recipe. Copied from the Mott's Clamato website but the same recipe used in our family bar business for over 40 years. For our friends south of the border they now sell Clamato Juice in large parts of Florida and some of the north east states.

Ingredients
    1 oz (30 mL) vodka
    2 dashes hot sauce
    4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
    3 grinds fresh cracked salt and pepper
    4 oz (120 mL) Mott’s Clamato Original Cocktail Juice

Garnish
    Celery stalk
    Lime wedge

How
    Rim a highball glass with citrus and rimmer. (Rimmer is celery salt, table salt. I also add black pepper and sometimes a touch of cayenne for more spice)
    Fill the glass to the top with ice.
    Add the ingredients in the order listed.
    Stir well to mix the cocktail, and garnish.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    keep em coming new drink of the day every weekend 
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the first James Bond book, Bond famously said "When I'm ... er ... concentrating, I never have more than one drink before dinner. But I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold, and very well made."

Bond's drink of choice?  The Vesper Martini (his own invention). 

3 shots Gordon's gin
    1 shot vodka
    1/2 shot Lillet Blanc (Blond Lillet) or other dry Vermouth

As Bond put it:  "Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon-peel."

You won't need more than one before dinner. 
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @LeRea - Gordon's...really??!!  I've only seen Gordon's drunk on the street in a paper bag.  :)
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    I mostly drink just captain and coke but every now and then I'll bust out a Dark and Stormy. 

Dark and Stormy 
    • 2 ounces kracken rum (anything dark really)
    • 5 ounces ginger beer
    • Lime wedge

This is pretty much the shot of choice at my marina, and everyone loves them.

Lemon Drop 
    • 2 1/2 ounces lemon flavored vodka
    • 1/2 ounce triple sec
    • 1/2 ounce lemon juice
    • 1 teaspoon sugar 
    Shaken over ice and pour 
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    "Penicillin" is a favorite drink of the Admiral and I.  It's a bit of work, but so worth it:

- Mix approx 2 tbl spoon honey and one tbl spoon of ginger paste in a cup and  microwave for 40 sec. and add to shaker of ice. 
    - Add Juice of 2 fresh lemons 
    - Add 3 shots of Maker's Mark bourbon
    - Shake well and strain into a glass (with large ice cube preferred)
    - Add lemon slice to side of glass

Makes 2 drinks.
  • WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Some great ones here.   

I have been making my really easy but unbelievably refreshing drink for everyone the last two years and they keep coming back for more.  

Cucumber infused Lemonade

Buy yourself one of those infuser pitchers and a cucumber.  Cut the cucumber in slices and stack in the infuser chamber.  Take a bottle of svedka vodka and pour into the infuser.  Place in fridge for 3 days, periodically turning and shaking the pitcher.   After 3 days throw away the cucumbers and return vodka to the vodka bottle.  Mix with lemonade 50 /60 vodka to 50/40 lemonade.  

We we have found it goes very well with other fruit type juices too.  Oh, and don’t try and cheat, the cucumber vodka at the store is nothing like the real infusion.  
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    @LeRea - Gordon's...really??!!  I've only seen Gordon's drunk on the street in a paper bag.  :)
    According to Ian Fleming, Bond said Gordon's ... you gonna argue with Bond?  Actually, we made them with Bombay Sapphire, and they were spectacular!  
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Some great ones here.   

I have been making my really easy but unbelievably refreshing drink for everyone the last two years and they keep coming back for more.  

Buy yourself one of those infuser pitchers and a cucumber.  Cut the cucumber in slices and stack in the infuser chamber.  Take a bottle of svedka vodka and pour into the infuser.  Place in fridge for 3 days, periodically turning and shaking the pitcher.   After 3 days throw away the cucumbers and return vodka to the vodka bottle.  Mix with lemonade 50 /60 vodka to 50/40 lemonade.  

We we have found it goes very well with other fruit type juices too.  Oh, and don’t try and cheat, the cucumber vodka at the store is nothing like the real infusion.  
    Hey Wild me and the new bride went for a early morning cocktail and the bartender accidentally used effin cucumber vodka in her bloody mary. Well from now on the bride wants her BM's with cucumber vodka. A mistake turned out well.....lol 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
     I Pre-make my drinks when I go to Block Isand for a week with the admiral and freeze them in these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C9WXBHX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_QoNmBb9KF5F3E
  • F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    My Boat named after this

Labadoozie recipe

The two most common questions about labadoozies are what's in it and how do I make it at home?  Fret no more, we have answers to both.

• 1/2 oz Orange Juice Concentrate
    • 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice Concentrate
    • 1/2 oz Papaya Juice Concentrate
    • 1/2 oz Coconut Cream
    • 3/4 oz Dark Rum
    • 3/4 oz Coconut Rum
    • 1/4 oz Grenadine
    • Crushed ice
      (Makes one cocktail)

1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Really simple:
    "Tasty Devil" = vodka & 7Up (or Sprite)
    Works fast, so heads up.....
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    Open a bottle of Willett Pot Still Reserve, and pour into a glass. Enjoy!
    Tried this recipe last week and everyone loved it

jalapeno and cucumber margarita

1/2 cup tequila
    1/2 cup fresh lime juice 
    1/4 cup orange liqueur
    1/8 cup simple syrup 
    1 jalapeno pepper sliced in 1/2 no seeds 
    12 cucumber slices 
    4 wedges of lime
    1. Stir tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup together in a pitcher with a lid; add jalapeno pepper and thin cucumber slices. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
    2. Run a wedge of lime along the rim of each of four pint glasses. Spread kosher salt onto a flat plate; press glass rims into salt to coat. Fill glass with ice and pour margarita over the ice. Garnish with cucumber slice.
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @F1100 Printed that one going to try this weekend. Thanks guy's for sharing, will be experimenting with some of these. 
    Boat Name : 

Some great ones here.   

I read this went out bought a infuser and I mist say thats some tasty vodka especially chilled 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the recipe.....but I'd eat the cucumbers!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Well it looks like I almost killed my friends wife...lol I made her a WM Mia Tia and then she wanted another......... Then she thought it was September and punched her hubby in the face........... He was cracking up laughing but wanted to know what was in the drink............ It was a great day.....lol

• Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    We were visiting friends in Baltimore one time and another couple was there. We were having cocktails and "Candy" had maybe one Cosmopolitan too many. She started singing the Elmer Fudd ditty, "Kill the wabbit, Kill the wabbit..." then went over like a controlled explosive demolition of a silo, right on her face! Pretty entertaining.
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You some pretty serious drunks!
    rasbury said:
    You some pretty serious drunks!
    Drunks?????? Nothing wrong with having some cocktails and a great time as long as you don't go behind the wheel of a car or boat. Let the party's begin...............
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the fresh ingredients ideas. We dont drink many cocktails outside of vacations. Our favorite place to vacation is the keys and if you like simple fresh cocktails this is a great place for ingredients as there are endless supplies of fresh coconut and limes in every other yard. Always ask the home owner before picking although we usually find plenty of each walking our dogs on the trials on public land and parks. No need to climb the trees for the coconuts either, plenty on the ground.  

50/50 rum (i like capt Morgan's special spiced or sailor Jesse) to fresh coconut water over ice and a squeeze of fresh lime.

Or mix the concoction with some pineapple juice for cocktail.  

Drinking 8 cups of water a day is a chore but 8 cups of those almost seem to evaporate in a few hours.

Rum just goes hand in hand with the tropics.  Embrace your inner pirate.  Ill check out mamajuana...my spell check tried to spell it marijuana.   I'm not in Colorado so we avoid any marijuana containing beverages or eats.  
    I didn't think it did, it was just funny that my phone kept trying to change the spelling to marijuana.  

I tried kava a few years back, that was a an awful drink.  I try to keep an open mind and try new things so mamajuana is something I'd try at least once.  
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Alswagg said:
    My drink of choice is Amirdo.  Either in ice tea or coffee.  My wife drink is an Amirido sour 
    Did you mean Amaretto?  That is my top choice.  I drink way too much of it and tend to just mix it with coke zero.  If it's the good stuff, I drink it over ice.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JK raybo...most of my activities include a cocktail! I just drink my jack...pretty boring compared.
  • prgrod01prgrod01 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Got married in Jamaica and was introduced to the dark and stormy and was hooked. Key is good ginger beer, Old Jamaica is on top of the list. 

I have a martini my wife named "Rodney Danger" as they taste great and go down too quick if your not careful and are very strong

Equal Parts:
    Appleton's Rum
    Southern Comfort
    Triple Sec
    You can dilute it a bit with tropical juice of your choice, but I like it straight up on the rocks.
    2001 Rinker 242