Options

Express Cruiser with Two State Rooms and heads.....

jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
So been looking around for a 36-41 foot Express Cruiser with two full size staterooms ( dual beds in aft cabin) and if availiable heads too. I have come across the Rinker 390 which has the Aft Cabin state room but no extra head ( also 43 feet which is too big for my slip) , Cruisers 3870 awesome setup but cockpit sucks and I have heard the ride is definately not inviting to big seas, Regal 3860 but seems narrow and not big on cockpit layout. What else is there? Tough time finding them.
Post edited by raybo3 on

Comments

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Look up cruisers yachts 440 express
    my buddy has one and it’s a total beast in every aspect 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a bigger slip .Lol
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    If you are looking for a boat with two heads, Rinker doesn't have it.  I think it'll be hard to find a boat that'll fit in your slip and has two heads.  You need to decide on your must have's first.  I agree with Al on the 420, especially if you want it more staying at the dock.  Otherwise to run that full size fridge, you will need to run the generator most of the time (believe me, I hang with several 420s).  The 420 is also not as easy to access several items such as seacocks, strainers, etc.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ll be looking at closer to 45’ to get all that. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree with the comments here. We recently looked at a 2006 Rinker 410. Loved it, had everything you are looking for but only 1 head. For two heads on a 40' boat you need to look at an aft cabin boat like a Sea Ray 370 or 380 AC or a Silverton or Carver with an aft cabin. Those typically have two heads. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    vyborny1vyborny1 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    @Liberty44140, was it Bama Breeze, very nice boat. Used to be at Venetian 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee
  • Options
    Lol
    read my comment 
    440 with two states and two heads 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys. So I found a Rinker 390 I like online. I might be able to live with just 1 head. Cruisers makes several models with 2 heads but I am hesitant because I have heard of ride issues and quality issues. 

So my next question does anyone locally on here own a 390 FV I can see and check out? In CT , Mass or NY?
  • Options
    jmichels said:
    Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys. So I found a Rinker 390 I like online. I might be able to live with just 1 head. Cruisers makes several models with 2 heads but I am hesitant because I have heard of ride issues and quality issues. 

Bottom line is I need to stay under 42 feet LOA to stay in my slip. I just bought a slip this year finally instead of renting so I am certainly not going to get another slip. 

So my next question does anyone locally on here own a 390 FV I can see and check out? In CT , Mass or NY?

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vyborny1 said:
    @Liberty44140, was it Bama Breeze, very nice boat. Used to be at Venetian 
    It was! Really nice boat. We liked it, she has a soft spot on the platform and a little more wear on her than we expected. the $185k price is outrageous but they did a lot of neat upgrades to the av system and the jet ski lift is a nice bonus. We are going to stick with the 342 for now. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    has a bad ride lmao
    or is it just way better and more $ compared to a Rinker
    dude cruisers 440 is a yacht !

• Options
    My RV will have 1.5 heads lol
  • Options
    You can't go wrong with the 390/400 model. Everything is easily accessible and laid out very nicely.  Are you looking at the 390 in Michigan?

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, a pail doesn't count!
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    Steve, a pail doesn't count!
    So a Porta Potti counts?
  • Options
    I thought @Dream_Inn has an extra head on his 400
  • Options
    I thought @Dream_Inn has an extra head on his 400

Nope, just one head.  I wouldn't want to lose the space with 2 heads.  A buddy of mine owns a Regal 4460.  Beautiful boat, but the twin beds in the aft are not even a twin size bed, they are smaller.  The second head is tight as well.  I also wouldn't want to care for and winterize a second head.  I'm sure though for people that are taking another couple out on overnighters a lot, it'd be great.

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    You can't go wrong with the 390/400 model. Everything is easily accessible and laid out very nicely.  Are you looking at the 390 in Michigan?
    Yes I saw the one in Michigan with Volvo Diesels, but leaning towards the one in Maryland with 8.2 Sea Cores. I haven't heard great reviews about the Volvo Diesels. Especially availiability of parts for them.  Wish I could find a 390 locally to look at and make sure I like it before making the haul to Maryland. 
  • Options
    Josh, just step up and get a 50 ft Viking. Then you wont have to keep changing boats every 2 years .Lol
  • Options
    Volvo diesels ???
    are you kidding me?

most big yachts have them
  • Options
    Josh, just step up and get a 50 ft Viking. Then you wont have to keep changing boats every 2 years .Lol

Jesus Handy. Its been 4. I know its hard to keep track of time when you got nothing to do lol. 
    zaverin1 said:
    Volvo diesels ???
    are you kidding me?

most big yachts have them

Most Big Yachts have cummins. Not kidding. Ask a diesel mechanic. Cummins versus Volvos.....

• Options
    edited October 2018

when I said yachts I didn’t mean 70 plus ft boats but up to 50
    so let me school you 
    most common diesels are
    cats and Detroit 
    followed by Volvo found in most upscale models and
    yanmars is also popular 

one you jump up in $ you will see brands like man diesel and on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    2020 Rinker EC 440:

Enclosed front berth with walk around extendable island front berth. Rear berth with oversize twins that you can convert to a super King with a slide out aluminum plate and filler cushion.

Two heads maybe even both having discrete showers.

Washer/dryer combination.  Two stacked Dometic fridges in galley full size Dometic fridge and and icemaker in cockpit.

Full underwater light package linked to decent stereo all with remotes good for at least 100 feet. Versa teak flooring throughout. Diamante Frost custom upholstery.

Radar, FLIR, Glass Screens, cameras in engine compartment and for docking.

Diesel engines with outdrives or pods.

Axius Premium - dash mount joy stick with second remote station at stern

LOA about 14 feet +/-  wide by  about 44 feet +/-  long (hull not counting the SP)

Options: IMRON,  full sized electric swim platform.

Come on Rinker - let's see what you can do with that EC 400 mold that's just "sitting around"?

• Options
    My dock neighbor has the Volvo diesels.  It is really a fantastic boat!  I would not even think twice about getting it.  Fuel burn is great and they'll cruise 30mph easily staying up with us.  Where is the boat located in MD?

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Michael T said:
    2020 Rinker EC 440 ...
    ... and priced like a Sundancer 350.  
  • Options
    .....except, in the Rinker's case, far more head room, engine room, faster (my EC 360 smoked any SR 350 that had the nerve to try to pass us LOL) and more robust hull. BTW comparing a 35 foot SR to a 44 + foot Rinker with big difference in beam for the same price - makes the Rinker look look even better imo!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I do have to say that 400-410-420 tinkers are bad a$$
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    zaverin1 I have to say, I have nothing bad to say about my engine set-up. Volvo Penta, IPS500, D-6 (370hpX2).  Acceleration out of the hole is great !  turning is great ! fuel burn is GREAT...top speed ?  well, it's not bad !  The only thing on the down side I can think of (and it all depends where you boat and what is around you) is Volvo Penta diesel certified mechanics are tough to come by.  Anyone can do routine maintenance ...but Volvo keeps tight grips on on who can work on their engines. Parts aren't cheap , and I've never had a problem getting them. I have a bout 200hrs on my engines and (knock wood) never an issue.  Anytime you want to chew the fat about a 420, I'd be happy to pass along my experiences. Also, @Alswagg is the "guru of info" for that boat !  
    BTW...if you are interested, I have a couple of good vids on my Youtube channel of my boat (alot or really stupid ones also) . feel free to look (Funnythirty) is my channel name.
  • Options

@Dirtythirty , FYI, that really good mobile Volvo Penta diesel mechanic we talked about is called "Vosbury". 

http://vosbury-marine.com/

• Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn  Thank you !!!!!    I'll keep that in my back pocket !   always good to know !