Options

Rinker 270EX Cruiser

2»

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 years old is not poor maintenance thats poor construction. Examples I think of are metal drain pan on on an A/C. Anchor pulpit bolted in to fiberglass with no backing plate. Outdrive made out of aluminum with no steel on bearing carrier. I could go on but I'm in a campground in South Carolina and the mobile RV repair guy has been here 3 days in a row.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people do not know how to fix or maintain anything on a boat or RV. Me and Al are the only exception to the rule. Just sayin
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Working on boats and rvs are for chumps.  I only work on them because my therapist says i need to immerse myself into activities that will allow me to better appreciate my hobbies.  It's sucks being a multi billionaire who's depressed because i lost the ability to appreciate the small things in life like itchy fiberglass rash or busted knuckles.  Happiness is found when you get grease on your favorite swimming trunks because you lost an alternator belt before breakfast and your kid wants to go tubing.   

I hope you get your camper fixed quickly. Showers are few and far between in much of South Carolina all summer but fall thru spring we make up for it.  

The only way ive found to keep a camper leak free is keep it under a garage. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    should have replaced the roof rivets after winterize....
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    With Liquid Nail no less.... everyone knows that. I saw it on YouTube!
  • Options
    MissLee2005MissLee2005 Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    What rope/chain combo does everyone have on their 270FV. How much chain and rope? 

And for mud what is the best anchor? 

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    In mud, 30' of chain and a 22-lb delta will hold your boat in almost any conditions.  
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30' I believe is standard on these boats. We have 30' and a Delta anchor and we hold very well in the fast moving river 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Has anyone else tried all chain? My boat came with over 100 ft of chain and it never twists or tangles.  If I get lazy on scope it seems to drag way less.

Down side is I am nose heavy in the water with anyone in the v berth.

I use a plow style (delta i think) in mud.  So far I've never drug more than a few feet and that was in an insane blow.  
    Post edited by PickleRick on
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had all chain on my 342 because I was tired of the rope slipping. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    More chain equals more holding power, especially in deep water.  If you have a big trawler, the boat won't notice the extra weight, so go ahead and fill the entire rode locker with chain.  

On a smallish planing boat, it's more of a tradeoff.  An extra 70 feet of chain adds 70 pounds all the way up in the bow.  You'd have to haul that weight wherever you go, and it can affect fuel economy, balance and seakeeping.  
  • Options
    Define smallish....that 270 is HUGE compared to my old 235!