Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rinker 270EX Cruiser

raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,950Moderator mod

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 4,724Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks very nice! As the owner of an 06 270....I like all of the changes to the deck layout except for the seat behind the helm- I would think sitting backwards to the direction of the boat bouncing around would not end well...maybe that's the way boats are being made today. I just have a lot more room on my deck than I see on boats my size which drove me to Rinker and my 270 in particular. Really pretty boat though, everything on mine just looks "old"! The new fabrics are really nice.
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,566Member ✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury I'm the other way. I much prefer the rear facing seat with table and then transom seat. Much cosier when sitting with friends. I hate the wasted space of my big curved seat. As @Michael T ( I think) posted in another thread, the new 270 is actually about the size of the old 260. Our 270's are about the size of the new 290 So more room .
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 4,724Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see your point @Willhound . I guess also with the molded in swim plat form compared to the older 270 it's 3' or so less in length through out the boat somewhere....I just like the more "open" area of my deck. It's usually just us on the boat or maybe another couple. Kids, well there usually below watching the dang TV with the A/C going....