Options

The 2019 dewinterizing thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Wow, looks like @LaRea will finally be able to keep up with us this year! :)  

Lets see, I've got a couple things off my list this weekend.  Greased the lift and installed a new trim actuator.  I also redid most of the caulking with 4000.  After doing that, I think I'm going to use 4000 and reseal around all of my rub rail (not removing it, just doing around the top of it).  I don't have any signs of leaks, but I get tired of gunk washing out behind the rub rail that I know is just something that could get worse and start leaking.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Dipped her in yesterday, was 70° out, Chance for snow this coming Thursday.
    All set for 2019! 
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I am dropping in Friday if everything gets accomplished over the coming days.  Really all I have left to do is paint the drives, trim tabs, and polish the props. 
    Actually I still need to polish and wax above the rub rail, but that can happen after I'm floating.
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    @shawnmjr I agree and thanks for the compliment.  I just wish my shoulders, legs, neck, pretty much my entire SORE body from 3 days of waxing top to bottom would snap back into place sooner than later so I can enjoy her all shined up 😟😓😴
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    I'm down to the last few details.  Refreshing the safety gear, beering the fridges, and watching the detailers wax the hull.  
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am dropping in Friday if everything gets accomplished over the coming days.  Really all I have left to do is paint the drives, trim tabs, and polish the props. 
    Actually I still need to polish and wax above the rub rail, but that can happen after I'm floating.
    I was going to do the same, but they changed the weather report to be cold and raining instead of sun and 73. Rescheduled for a week from tomorrow (Thursday)
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an amazing looking 360. I just dont understand why there is so little sun protection on it.. when did that become "no worries"
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    J3ff said:
    That's an amazing looking 360. I just dont understand why there is so little sun protection on it.. when did that become "no worries"

I've wondered the same thing over and over again.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first step in dewinterizing has to be getting #$!^@$/ Mother Nature to "dewinterize". Still a foot of ice.... :'(

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Ouch.  Time for a bareboat charter in the Bahamas.