Stanley Cup Playoffs

Answers

• vyborny1vyborny1 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    My 1st CBJ game was 11/25/2000, the inaugural season. That is when I fell in love with this great sport. The problem is we spent the next decade being a horrible, irrelevant team. 1st made the playoffs in 2009 & was quickly swept by the Red Wings, pretty sure they didn't even break a sweat. We had a bright spot in 2014 playoffs when we beat the Penguins in overtime. Up until Tuesday, was the loudest thing I have heard. Last year, it looked like it might time to win a series, but most of you know, that didn't happen. 

Coming into this playoffs, most of Columbus, as the rest of the hockey world, thought that it wasn't even worth playing Tampa Bay. 
    The last week of hockey feels like a dream. Watching the last few seconds tick off Tuesday with my 7yr son at Nationwide Area was a feeling that I can't describe. 

I am a 3rd generation Buckeye, I have stories all of my life of the Buckeyes of the past. 

Now, I am the one that will get to tell the story of slaying the mighty Lighting in 4 games.  What it was like to be there with my closets 19,000 friends & to feel & hear almost 2 decades of frustration being let loose at once 
    Everyone is well aware that this is only 1 series, but it is the 1st, as everyone says, "you always remember your 1st"

C-B-J   C-B-J  C-B-J
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Lets go BLUES!
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news is the Red Wings bringing Yzerman home as GM. Woohoo!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Toronto might gave a hope against Boston after all. Just sayin'!  :p
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • GreggGregg Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Go Leaf Go 😄
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Islanders might be starting to worry if they watched the Capitals destroy Carolina tonight.  
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Boston owned Toronto tonight. I think Toronto is finished in game 7 unless their offence gets it together.  For now its still GO LEAFS!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Boston owned Toronto tonight. I think Toronto is finished in game 7 unless their offence gets it together.  For now its still GO LEAFS!
    Don't poke the bear......lol Go Bruins!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    CAPS need to take it in game 6!!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

How about those Bruins.......... Go B'sssss
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Go CAPS!!!!!

Now the Bruins have to find out whether the Jackets are legit.  

So, riddle me this:  when the Islanders play next, hopefully against the Caps, they will have been idle for almost two weeks.  Does that hurt, or help?
    LaRea said:
    Now the Bruins have to find out whether the Jackets are legit.  

So, riddle me this:  when the Islanders play next, hopefully against the Caps, they will have been idle for almost two weeks.  Does that hurt, or help?

I think that in hockey, idle for 2 weeks can help, especially any injuries or healing needed along with rest.  It also depends on how well they practice during those 2 weeks.  I think the Islanders will be ready.

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Islanders will not face the Caps. We have reverted back to the same old chokes
    @LaRea with the intensity of playoff hockey I believe that it will take a game or 2 to get to the level of the teams that have been playing. Healing bumps and bruises is huge but nothing compares to playing the games and being in "game condition". 
    Yeah ... I doubt they've been sitting on the couch eating bon-bons, but I have to think it'll be disruptive.  Friday game, so 9 days off.  I've heard coaches say they prefer the routine of playing every 2-3 days.  
    Well, the CAPS just ran out of energy.  I think they blew it all in the first period.  Hard to believe all 4 division leaders are out in the first round.

Dream_Inn said:
    Well, the CAPS just ran out of energy.  I think they blew it all in the first period.  Hard to believe all 4 division leaders are out in the first round.
    Yerp and that makes the Bruins the top seed....... I think Handy is crying in his cereal this morning...........Bahahahahahahahaha ..............Go Bruins 
    It was like Groundhog day:  the Caps would chip the puck into the corner, but the Canes would get there first and clear the puck.  Then repeat, over and over ... must have been 20-30 times.  I'm not sure what that was supposed to accomplish, but it didn't work.  
    Let me explain the loss so you Boston idiots will understand. First they let our great coach go. Then we lost one of our top defensive guys, Kempney. Then we lose Oshie. Too much to overcome and they were not hungry anymore after finally winning it last year. I'm just glad I was so busy getting my truck and RV ready that I didnt even watch one minute of any NHL game nor do I need to watch anymore. No way Boston beats CBJ.  
    Let me explain the loss so you Boston idiots will understand. First they let our great coach go. Then we lost one of our top defensive guys, Kempney. Then we lose Oshie. Too much to overcome and they were not hungry anymore after finally winning it last year. I'm just glad I was so busy getting my truck and RV ready that I didnt even watch one minute of any NHL game nor do I need to watch anymore. No way Boston beats CBJ.  
    Idiots???????? Please give me a break. Just like I thought your crying. Coach left, Lost Kempney, lose Oshie....... cry cry cry........... Loser! Warm up the Duck Boats baby!
    Only one crying will be Boston when you lose and Brady retires
    Only one crying will be Boston when you lose and Brady retires
     Bahahahahahaha Brady will have more rings than you have fingers..............
    Geez, this has gone untouched for a week now!  How bout those Canes and Blue Jackets??  I'd say both are definitely for real!  Since my Caps are out, being from Ohio, I guess I'd have to root for the Blue Jackets now!  (not that I've been watching a lot, but hey it's still work razzing on @Raybo3 :) )

@DI The Bruins should have won last night. They dominated the 2nd half of that game and hit the post 3 times. They will be just fine....................... Just say'n
  • vyborny1vyborny1 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Typical Boston fan, too bad they only count when they go in....
    or it could be that the Jackets are a really really good team. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee
    vyborny1 said:
    Typical Boston fan, too bad they only count when they go in....
    or it could be that the Jackets are a really really good team. 
    No the Jackets are not that good however their goalie is pretty freaking good. BTW typical Boston fan........ Home of champion's..........
    How about those Canes??  Wow!  Will I be saying the same thing tomorrow about the Blue Jackets??  :)  They did beat the top record team and up 2-1 on Bruins...time will tell!

If the Canes end up playing the Jackets ... whooaaaaahhh Nellie!
    LaRea said:
    If the Canes end up playing the Jackets ... whooaaaaahhh Nellie!

Yep, the two hottest teams going!  That'd be worth making sure I get connection on the boat to watch! :)